Received Crazy Flyer

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Toy2, Apr 13, 2005.

1. Toy2

Toy2 LawnSite Bronze Member

Walk out to get the paper this morning and find a flier on the lawn, rolled up with a rubber band around it, this is what is says:

DID YOU KNOW THERE IS A LAWN SERVICE IN YOUR NEIGHBORHOOD?

WE ARE A FULL SERVICE COMPANY THAT DOES RES. AND COMMERCIAL LAWNS, WE ALSO TRIM HEDGES, FERTILIZE, MINOR LANDSCAPING AND FENCE REPAIR!

WHAT MAKES US UNIQUE IS WE ARE JUST A SMALL BUSINESS THAT USES PROCEEDS FOR FAMILY OUTINGS/VACATIONS AND KID'S ACTIVITIES/SPORTS!

WE WILL MEET OR BEAT YOUR CURRENT SERVICE!
    CALL STEVE OR MELISSA
    (OUR KIDS WILL THANK YOU FOR YOUR SUPPORT)

WTF, How do you compete with this? Tell them I funding a cancer cure?? :realmad:

2. Eddie B

Eddie B LawnSite Senior Member
    from gone

I've seen some of the dumbest flyers this year... and some just piss ya off :angry:

3. Charles

Charles Moderator Staff Member

There is a lawn care operation like that in every neighborhood in the USA right about now it seems. Maybe more than one

4. wally world III

wally world III LawnSite Member

quit being a baby............
    :blob3: go for it kids.................

payup kids kick their ass es.........................

what a ball baby..................

5. beransfixitinc

beransfixitinc LawnSite Senior Member

I guess you could call them and report them for littering on your property and all around the neighborhood. Or if your town has something about no soliciting or needing a permit to do it, see if they have one. Maybe make sure you have your ducks in a row and send a copy of it with a letter to your county tax collector.

These are all just war like suggestions though.

6. Mo Green

Mo Green LawnSite Bronze Member

Call them and ask them to come to your house and give you an estimate. Then ask them for a copy of their biz license and insurance info. When they don't produce them, educate them on how they are ruining this industry. Tell them if they do not stop, you will report them to the city, as well as the IRS.

7. Green Pastures

Green Pastures LawnSite Silver Member

While this may sound a bit harsh, it's worth a shot!

:cool2:

8. PTP

PTP LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Tulsa

Why are you even giving this a second thought?

Don't worry about what he is doing, concentrate on what you are doing? Are your flyers going to the same neighborhoods? Are you getting your name out there? For the most part, there is lots of work for those who will just get out there and take it.

I have a door hanger from another company sitting on my desk. It looks better than mine. They offer more services than I do. They advertise for 1 free month of lawn mowing with a contract. I have seen their equipment and it is better (well, at least it is bigger and more expensive) than mine. I wonder how many accounts that they have signed up this year? I signed up 75 so far.

If Mo Green wants to go around giving "educations" then he can have at it. I don't get paid for "educations." I will concentrate on doing what I do and not worrying about the rest.

9. jpmako

jpmako LawnSite Senior Member

I have to agree with PTP on this one.
    Half of the problem with this industry is that everyone seems more concerned with what other companies are doing. Find your niche and stick with it.
    Advertising like that would not generate many accounts in my area. People want to see that you are ruining a reputable, reliable company and could care less what their money is going to wards. Besides Who has time for vacations?
    Seriously these guys come and go every year, Concentrate on building your clientele and making sure that they are happy that they hired you by providing top notch service. Thats's what works for me.

Jason

10. NickN

NickN LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Alabama

Of any flier I've ever seen,I would worry about that one the least.The way we read it is the way everyone else will read it,which says,"Look at me!I'm unique because I'm part time.I won't charge as much 'cause we're just using the money to take vacations(which reminds me,you'll have to get someone else to mow for you while we're vacationing or the kids have a game) or enjoy family time.Oh,and since we're only using the money for vacations and family outings,can I use your mower when mine breaks down?"
    If THAT is unique,I'm quitting.......right now!