Recent ad in paper

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by ElephantNest, Jan 31, 2004.

1. ElephantNest

ElephantNest LawnSite Bronze Member
    from La.

Not sure if this will work, it's in pdf format I believe. But this is my first ad, then I had one run that was twice as wide, and had them change "patio" to patios, and New Years to New Year.

It also is in the Mardi Gras section of the paper that people keep until the last of February.

Attached Files:

2. LawnScapers of Dayton

LawnScapers of Dayton LawnSite Silver Member
    Male, from Dayton, OH

You may have people thinking that "every" third cut is free....

Not bad looking...

Derek

3. ElephantNest

from La.

I guess that could happen, hasn't yet. Then again, I am in Louisiana, no telling what, or IF some people think around here.;)

Here is the larger one, the one that went in the last paper, and again in the Mardi Gras brochure.

Attached Files:

4. LawnScapers of Dayton

LawnScapers of Dayton LawnSite Silver Member
    Male, from Dayton, OH

Looks good.....I have a former client that moved to New Orleans. I am still caring for their property until they sell it.....

Derek

5. ElephantNest

from La.

Thanks. I'm about 17 miles south of New Orleans. Thank God I don't have to work there. I used to, and just the drive alone is enough to make you go postal on someone.

6. grassguy_

grassguy_ LawnSite Senior Member
    from Ohio

Nice ad, you should probably be starting up there pretty soon. Should get some good results the longer you can leave the ad in.

7. ElephantNest

from La.

Hopefully. I didn't really expect any calls this soon. But I wanted to get my name out there, so when it runs again in late Feb./early March they will remember seeing the name before. Recognition. Hope it works. Spent $300.00 this month alone in ads, not a call. But like I said, I wasn't trying to get calls really, just getting them ready for me.

8. grassguy_

grassguy_ LawnSite Senior Member
    from Ohio

repetition is the key, and in highly visible traffic areas beyond classifieds, the sports section, community and or landscape sections in spring, and some papers run a daily billboard area right behind the front page or near the obituaries.

9. ElephantNest

from La.

Mine run on the back of the front page. There is a section in our paper called "Don't let the grass grow under your feet", where all the lawn guys post their ads/cards. I firmly stated that I did not want to be in that section, just a jumbled mess of companies. Either front section, or living. No sports. I think more in the lines of advertising to the women, because they usually take care of hiring us. I don't think sports sections would be good for me.

10. nelbuts

nelbuts LawnSite Bronze Member
    from SW, FL

The best place to locate your ad is the top right hand page. Always go to the right side of any folded publication.

Try it. Pick up a mag and open it. The first place your eyes hit will be the top right. Even if you know a story continues on the left side you will still look right as you open the page.