recent hardscaping projects

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by PatiosInstalled, Dec 12, 2007.

1. PatiosInstalled

PatiosInstalled LawnSite Member

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. IN2MOWN

IN2MOWN LawnSite Platinum Member

Nice work!

To bad the homeowner didnt spring for nicer siding on their house...

3. fastcat

fastcat LawnSite Senior Member

that house is ugly. nice hardscape job.

4. lawnkid

lawnkid LawnSite Senior Member

Pretty good except the different height in the risers. Especially coming off the patio. One looks to be 10" high and the other 12". The ones on the stair look like 6" and 8". And I'm assuming the ramped up pavers against the wall in the second pic is to direct water flow??? Where to? How's that patio drain? You're gonna have a puddle there. Walls look good. No running bonds from what I can see. Few small errors. Any more pics of the walkway/stoop/wall job in the first pic?

5. lawnkid

lawnkid LawnSite Senior Member

Oh and nice website too! :clapping:

6. John Zaprala

John Zaprala LawnSite Senior Member

The job looks great!
    My guys have done similar mistakes with steps. Now you know for next time. I find my guys sometimes getting ahead of themselves as the cause of this problem. You have one guy laying the steps into the house and guys working on the other side on the double sided wall I guess? somewhere you lost your reference height. In a project like that I usually have my guys chalkline the foundation for a base line.
    And from a design stand point, look into using Integral undercap lights, they're easier to install and look better (just a suggestion). And the step on the left coming off the patio? What is that 18"? i would stick with a minimum radius of 3' for safety and aesthetics.
    Again, great job!:clapping:

7. John Zaprala

I guess it's my turn for criticism! haha
    We ripped out a deck that was 2' high and the area beside the house to the sliding door!
    The landscaping is missing an otto luyken in that blank spot, we were finishing up wiring the lights.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

8. John Zaprala

one more...
    [​IMG]

9. PatiosInstalled

PatiosInstalled LawnSite Member

yeah the one round step off the patio I actually didn’t notice until I put the coping on the step so that was a deff error on my part. as for any other risers I like to keep them around 7"s if one step is a 1/2" lower and another is 1/2" higher its not a big concern thats the beauty of these blocks. as far as the pavers they actually aren’t ramped up im assuming its an illusion because of the wet edges of the pavers. ill post a side shot of the patio and you’ll see its as smooth as a babies behind. all my patios drain in two directions and if you look at the patio pic and look at he siding on the house you will see that is closer to the siding near the steps and further away at the corner of the house.

[​IMG]

10. The Right Tone

The Right Tone LawnSite Member

I love you guys paver work. I want to do more of it. I have been talking to the Belgard people about doing some work. What do you guys think?
    www.LandscapeNashville.com[url] :dancing: :gmctruck: