Recent Job

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by ElephantNest, Nov 9, 2003.

1. ElephantNest

ElephantNest LawnSite Bronze Member
    from La.

Still have to go back tomorrow and clean up and finish in the back. Started Friday evening, and this is where we were saturday.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Green in Idaho

Green in Idaho LawnSite Senior Member
    from Idaho

How about a close up of the flagstone work? :cool:

3. ElephantNest

from La.

4. Green in Idaho

Green in Idaho LawnSite Senior Member
    from Idaho

That orginal sidewalk is a good example of how some builders are 'wacked'! Why in the world would someone put in a sidewalk that does a 90* when it so far from a natural direction to the door?

If that were my house I would get rid of the cement walk and use/expand just the flagstone path.

As for constructive words, how about that tree planted right next to the garage corner? Looks too close to the structure and under the eave/soffit. What is it going to be like in 5-10 years? Also the driveway, flagstone, walk doesn't give it much of a natural root zone.

I would have placed it (the tree) in the other island to provide shade on the sitting area when it matures.

I do like the flagstones and how well they match the house.

5. ElephantNest

from La.

It's a single trunk, properly maintained it will tower above the eave, never touching it. The canopy will look nice above the lower part of the roof, and soon will provide some shade for the patio. Homeowner stated he didn't want anything tall in that center garden. As for the roots, plenty of room, I planted one like that, but larger in a same type area at my own house, years ago, no problems.

Thanks, I, too, love the matching colors. Had some sandstone delivered ( UGH! ) and had them pick it back up, didn't match very well. Customer thought I was nuts I assume, but was very pleased with the final product. He likes these stones better as well.

~Nest

6. jason r.

jason r. LawnSite Senior Member

Looks great, Elephant!!!

7. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

Builder was probably ex-military...LOL

8. dvmcmrhp52

dvmcmrhp52 LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Pa.

Good work nest.

9. ElephantNest