Recent land clearing/thinning

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by Brian Hay, Jul 23, 2009.

1. Brian Hay

Brian Hay LawnSite Member

Hey guys,

Been a long time since I have posted anything so I figured I would pop in and post a couple pictures of some recent work. Nothing extreme this time, just some regular stuff.

camera 276.jpg

camera 475.jpg

camera 359.jpg

camera 363.jpg

camera 492.jpg

2. PTSolutions

PTSolutions LawnSite Silver Member
    from OH

checked out your site, pretty amazing pics and work you do!

3. Brian Hay

Thanks ProTouch!

Here is some more from another project.

camera 489.jpg

camera 488.jpg

camera 515.jpg

4. RockSet N' Grade

RockSet N' Grade LawnSite Silver Member

Brian, now that you have been running the spyder for awhile......what are some plus/minus of your particular machine? Any new implements? How is the work load holding up?

5. howierd3866

howierd3866 LawnSite Senior Member

Hello Brian..just wanted to know on regular jobs like these pics where a backhoe could do it do you charge diff. than if you ready needed the spyder. I know times are hard and everyone got to work and I'm not all at knocking you just wanted to know if you charge diff.Thanks good pics keep them coming

6. Junior M

Junior M LawnSite Fanatic

looks great Brian. I assume that umm, I guess you could call it a 4n1 makes up for not having a thumb?

7. Brian Hay

I can't really think of any minuses except for cost to buy and get parts for it. Although it is not near as bad as when I first got it. I have learned a lot since then and now have two guys not far away that I can get whatever I need from. The guy I bought mine from I do not deal with at all anymore (kaiserexcavators.com)....he didn't even kiss me after he bent me over :laugh:
    Lesson learned, I wont go into detail much but steer clear of that guy.

Now I deal with Ron at http://pioneerkaiser.com/ Ron is a straight up honest guy that has helped me out enormously. What I pay for parts and attachments has almost been cut in half dealing with him. I was paying new price for used parts from the other guy. Also Ron at Pioneer Kaiser is a complete Spyder Hoe guru. I think he has been around them for something like 30 years.

The pluses would be the power and reach it has for how small it is. I can keep up to a machine twice it's weight digging and still get into places only mini Excavators can normally go. And I can place a five foot granite boulder at full reach (about 26')

No new implements yet but now that have hooked up with Ron I have access to any attachment made for it on short notice if I need it. I would like to find some work mulching/maintaining right of ways with it.

8. Brian Hay

I prefer to give a flat rate but if I am doing something that a regular machine can do and the customer really wants an hourly rate I do adjust my rate to be competitive.

9. Brian Hay

I love that 4in1. It opens plenty wide enough to pick up anything I want to and it works with my PowerTilt

IMGP0534.JPG

IMGP0536.JPG

IMGP0530.JPG

IMGP0531.JPG

10. bobcat_ron

bobcat_ron LawnSite Fanatic

That is one wild bucket, CN Rail uses one of those HELAC buckets on a TLB fitted for the rails, it's a real treat to watch it in action pulling ties and digging ballast.