Recent patio completion

Discussion in 'Hardscaping' started by MRBsx2, Jan 23, 2008.

1. MRBsx2

MRBsx2 LawnSite Member

Thought id post a recent job ive been workin on and actually just finished up not long ago... this patio still needs to be acid washed and sealed up but that can wait for warmer weather, the patio is 360 sqft of pa flag.

2008 work 021.jpg

2008 work 022.jpg

2008 work 024.jpg

2. pj550v12

pj550v12 LawnSite Senior Member

Very nice, while I'm excited to move to the next level and begin learning patio and walkway installation, this is the work I'm really eager to learn, natural stone patios and walls. To me at least, that wall is beautiful, good work.

3. neversatisfiedj

neversatisfiedj LawnSite Bronze Member

Nice. Veneer stone ? I like the pergola.

4. PatriotLandscape

PatriotLandscape LawnSite Bronze Member
    from MA

That is a good looking patio. The wall is great as well.

5. Birdjr

Birdjr LawnSite Senior Member
    from nnj

Nice work looks great!

6. ZX12R

ZX12R LawnSite Senior Member

Beautiful work,the craftsmanship on the wall looks awesome.

7. Captains Landscape

Captains Landscape LawnSite Senior Member

That’s not veneer, that’s colonial wall stone thin. Nice job

8. bigw

bigw LawnSite Bronze Member

Man you do awsome work,i wish i could do as good of a job!!! was that really a pattern in the patio or did you just wing it as you went?

9. MRBsx2

MRBsx2 LawnSite Member

Thanks for the complements, this is pretty much what i stick to doing it takes longer then pavers to install and can be a pain in the a$$, but i worked for a stone/brick mason actually they were 2 brothers for 3 1/2 years and learned more stuff then you could ever imagine. The pergola was custom built by a carpenter it turned out nice.
    Captains is right it is not veneer stone its pennsylvania colonial wall stone with 18" bluestone cap.

BigW there is no pattern with random flagstone you have to know how to break up the joints and place different colored stones through out the whole thing all stones are sawed to fit so there are no fat joints. Basically like you said i just "wing it".

10. monty33

monty33 LawnSite Member

Good looking stone work. We also get into some mortared stone patios throughout the year and would like your opinion on control joints. Do you put any in the concrete pad or have you ever cut any into the stone? We don't see control joints very often in these situations nor have we cut into actual stone/mortar, but remain curious. Any insight would be great from any of you hardscapers/masons.