Recent Patio Job

Discussion in 'Hardscaping' started by PerfiCut L&L, Jul 24, 2007.

1. MJS

MJS LawnSite Bronze Member

WOW! That's a beautiful piece of work. I think stone work is the most gratifying work that one can do

(I know I enjoy it). Congrats and good luck with future projects. :weightlifter:

2. PerfiCut L&L

PerfiCut L&L LawnSite Senior Member

Thank you.

We had a great time working on this project since it required a fair amount of designing and adjustments. It's nice to be tasked every once in a while making you think for a change.

3. wurkn with amish

wurkn with amish LawnSite Senior Member

There's a couple problems I saw but other than that it looks awsome.
    1. where the wall makes a 120degree bend by the deck, your joint on the wall line up. That'll be a weak point.
    2. picture of the step(one of the last ones) it looks like you have acouple dips in it.(could just be the pic though)
    nice job again.

4. crab

crab LawnSite Senior Member

bound for failure,you're base is 1 inch off.

5. PerfiCut L&L

We installed geogrid on the back kneehigh wall between the two sets of steps to help give it some additional support. We filled this area about 2/3rd full up topsoil, then topped it off with 1-3" pocono river rock. Also installed drainage pipes to help with water runoff.

The pavers on the steps were removed and relaid because we were losing sand from one of the sides where it attaches to the patio wall. We sealed that and then relaid the pavers. I'm not sure if the pic posted is before or after this. In any event, the final step is level. But thanks for noticing.

6. P.Services

P.Services LawnSite Fanatic

i also am wondering what the tag was? id say about 20g' total

7. DSLND

DSLND LawnSite Bronze Member

What was the bid for this project? Total Man hours/number of men? Equipment? The project looks great! Thanks! -Mitch-

8. ChampionLS

ChampionLS LawnSite Bronze Member

The Hardscape Job looks great. I just don't like that one downspout leader running across the back of the house, over the basement window and over the retaining wall. It should have been buried underground. I notice that way more than any craftsmanship issues with the block work. Utility work should always be first!!

9. PerfiCut L&L

I agree Champion, the downspout should have been routed under the patio. I believe this was an oversight during the construction phase.

The original quote for the project was approximately 22k. With the two change orders the final project cost was just under 30k. Approximately, 350 labor hours, 40 of that was lost in the first 2-3 days with the issues I had getting the plumber out, and the delivery of materials.

10. neversatisfiedj

neversatisfiedj LawnSite Bronze Member

That is a very modest price I must say...