Recent Pics and intro

Discussion in 'Hardscaping' started by John Zaprala, Dec 31, 2006.

1. John Zaprala

John Zaprala LawnSite Senior Member

Hello, I am based in Warminster, PA in Bucks County. I am ICPI and NCMA certified and have been building, designing and selling in the industry for 7 years. These are a few pics of recent jobs. I think this site is very helpful and look forward to helping fellow hardscapers and getting help as well.
    John Zaprala

Click here for pics.

2. neversatisfiedj

neversatisfiedj LawnSite Bronze Member

Welcome ! Nice work

3. cgland

cgland LawnSite Bronze Member

Not Bad! I do think that on pic 17 that tree will pose problems for that wall. Does that wall have grid in it? or is it a wall with a seating wall around it? Other than that your stuff seems nice!

Chris

4. Mike33

Mike33 LawnSite Bronze Member

That was a good point
    Mike

5. Mike33

Welcome John, this is a good site and nice looking work. Hope you dont get your feelings hurt easy because we tend to pick at each others work. This has worked in my favor a lot of times, ive been doing this for quite a few years and have learned a lot here. If we can satisfy one another here we will do fine with our customers.
    Mike

6. John Zaprala

John Zaprala LawnSite Senior Member

Funny. That customer was a retire township inspector/engineer. He had the whole job drawn out on CAD prior to me meeting with him. He was insistent that we not touch the tree and I warned that our warranty will not cover the wall before we did the job. The base actually had a 2" root through the middle which did not allow for proper compaction. So I made a steel spacer over the root, but his reply was " I'll be dead by the time that happens!" But I did recommend against it. I also had another customer wanting to take out a concrete sidewalk b/c a maple had cracked and raised a few sections. He wanted pavers put in, but not to disturb the tree which was obviously too close. Again I told him this would void our warranty and I said either we take it out or I'm not bidding the job.

7. WALKER LANDSCAPE

WALKER LANDSCAPE LawnSite Bronze Member

:waving: Welcome to the site John Nice work BTW:clapping:

8. Mike33

Its amazing what people thinks of there tree's at times.
    Mike

9. thill

thill LawnSite Member

Great work and nice presentation. Thanks for sharing.

Hmm..... I grew up in the west Texas desert, and will do just about anything to keep one alive and well.

Tom

10. Mike33

My favorite line all based on location. I live in the mt. area plenty of trees. I just remember installing a new yard 2 years ago. The yard was about 12000 sq' and had 23 trees left in it for shade. Try grading top soil around them with out hitting one. Them the shade part was real funny, in ground pool and central air.
    Mike