Recent Project Pics.

Discussion in 'Hardscaping' started by SOUTHERNGREENSCAPES, Sep 10, 2007.

1. SOUTHERNGREENSCAPES

SOUTHERNGREENSCAPES LawnSite Senior Member

Hey Guys. Just Wanted To Post A Few Pics And Get Some Feed Back. I Know Things Look Quite Sparse With No Landscaping, But Around Here We Have Not Had A Good Rain In Almost Two Months And With Out Irrigation, We Decided To Wait A Little Longer Before We Plant. Thanks.

IMG_1475.jpg

IMG_1474 (2).jpg

IMG_1472.jpg

IMG_1471.jpg

IMG_1470.jpg

2. PlatinumLandCon

PlatinumLandCon LawnSite Bronze Member

Looks nice. How big is that circle and what is the planned use?

3. SOUTHERNGREENSCAPES

THE CIRCLE IS APROX. 7FT. AND SHE IS LOOKING FOR A IRON BENCH TO GO THERE. iT WILL BE A COURTYARD TYPE SETTING ONCE ALL THE PLANTS ARE IN AND THE FENCE GOES UP.

4. back_lash

back_lash LawnSite Member

looks awesome, I think if i tried to do something that big I'd go crazy lol... good job

5. BrandonV

BrandonV LawnSite Platinum Member

looks nice, i bet it a REAL dry stream bed

6. cgland

cgland LawnSite Bronze Member

I think it looks OK. Your radii are a little choppy/pinched and your border cuts are a bit off (try overlaying and cutting in place) I also am not a fan of the trip step. You should have either raised it or lowered it to eliminate that situation. Good job though. Keep it up.

Chris

7. mrusk

mrusk LawnSite Gold Member

For a project of that caliber the quality is not to bad. You have the fundamentals down. It looks level and there are no gaps in the boarder course, and the bond lines are stright. The patio looks structurally sound and thats something alot of landscapers can't do after 20 years in the business.

Next time around, spend more time laying the curves out. You want it to look like it was suppose to be there. You want it to flow!

Oh yea, always advoid trip stairs. Do not be afraid to break out the sawzall and cut the stairs back a tread. Always make sure you make all steps the same!!!

8. P.Services

P.Services LawnSite Fanatic

is that a deere 322 i see in the back?

9. SOUTHERNGREENSCAPES

Hey guys. Good catch on the trip step. It never even crossed my mind. As far as cutting in place, i am not a fan of that. It is faster to the trained hand, but i just can't get a good enough handle on that saw to make my cuts the way i want. Once i get a little more practice with it, maybe. For now, i just use a standard paver saw. The only thing i would go back and change would be to make my turns in the soldier course a little smoother. i was totaly worn out that day, the heat was bad to say the least, and i simply got in a hurry. I probally would have gone back and finished it out better, but the pictures are a lot worse that what it looks like in person, so i decided to leave it this time. I have another patio set up for next week of similar size, so i will post after that one also. thanks again guys.

10. SOUTHERNGREENSCAPES

yes, that is a JD 322 in the back ground. It is the only skid steer i have know since i have been in the business, so i can't compare it to anything. But it seems to be a really good unit. It is the biggest one i feel comfortable hauling with my 2500. I think it loaded with the saw, plate tamp bucket and trailer puts me right at 10K lbs. I could push it to 12k, but that is a comfortable spot for me.