recent retaining walls

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by ajman21, Aug 5, 2010.

1. ajman21

ajman21 LawnSite Member

some pics of our last bigger job. it was a two tear curved wall around the front of the house bout 170 ft long x 5 ft high the second tear was 2ft. we added a 140 ft x 3-4ft wall round across the back yard's border. We built 2 small garden walls to hide a well access and suround a tree. after we got finished with all that the owners ordered a 130 ft x 5ft wall on another part of the property. we were there for bout 6 weeks and will go back to hydro seed in the fall. ive got more pics at work will post soon.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. CowboysLawnCare

CowboysLawnCare LawnSite Member

Looks Great! I wish we had more of a demand for retaining walls around here cause they make things look awesome. Down here, everything is FLAT except our ditches.

3. bobcat48

bobcat48 LawnSite Gold Member

Looks good.

4. mdlwn1

mdlwn1 LawnSite Silver Member

is that tree under a foot of mulch?....lol

5. RN Lawncare

RN Lawncare LawnSite Member

looks great! i love doing retaining walls. there a lot of work at times, but they look awesome in the end

6. benjammin

benjammin LawnSite Senior Member

walls look great....
    ...poor tree

7. MileHigh

MileHigh LawnSite Silver Member

nice...

but that last one in the last pic can't possibly be level..

8. Daniel's Lawn Care

Daniel's Lawn Care LawnSite Senior Member

Are those interlocking blocks?

9. ajman21

ajman21 LawnSite Member

nope its in a raised bed just a couple inch's

thanks for the comments. i dug and laid the base myself :weightlifter: according to the level it was good we use a laser to shoot the elevations. i did take the pic from the truck so its just the angle.

they are key stone retaining wall systems. they can be configured in those patterns or lots of other configurations. seem to be all we have done this summer.

10. ajman21

ajman21 LawnSite Member

Its weird for me too i just moved here at the beginning of the season. i moved from central indiana flat corn fields to the bluffs and rolling corn fields of iowa. i dont think i'd ever seen more then two retaining walls till i moved out here.