recent sod job.

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by RedWingsDet, Jul 28, 2005.

1. RedWingsDet

RedWingsDet LawnSite Gold Member
    from Detroit

did a sod job this week. should have only taken 2 days. but instead took 4 because the rain set us back, alot! Its about 2800 sq ft. this lawn looked like CRAP before. I got some before pic's, but forgot to get some tottally before pics.

let me know what ya think.

Also, that is not me in the pic, its my helper

2. Metro Lawn

Metro Lawn LawnSite Silver Member

Looks good Mark. BTW, I saw your rig parked on Little Mack today. It looks good as well. Keep up the good work.

3. RedWingsDet

from Detroit

Thanks John. Ive been busy with landscape work 5 days a week, but I NEED some more lawn accounts. Right now im between 25-30. I was really hoping to get up to 60 this year and then 100 next year so I can run 1 full time crew cutting while I have another crew doing landscape work. However, I guess I just have to bust my butt more next year, even though I had my guys pass out more than 15k flyers so far this year by hand.

Know anyone in the area selling their accounts?

4. Metro Lawn

Metro Lawn LawnSite Silver Member

If I knew of any for sale, I would buy them...lol I generally find guys selling accounts just by talking to them at the mower shop or at a lunch stop ect. Most of this stuff gets sold and never listed anywhere. BTW, if you ever need a hand with a big job, give me a shout. We have larger tractor/loaders, dumps, ect. if you find yourself in need of anything.

5. RedWingsDet

from Detroit

LOL.

I definatly will if need be, and if you ever have a job that you dont have time to do (which may be never, lol), give me a ring.

anyway I gotta cut all my lawns tomorrow, so I better sleeeeeep.

6. sheshovel

sheshovel LawnSite Fanatic

Looks like a real nice job!
    How come you diden't cut your edges?Might have looked alot better had you cut a nice clean even edge .
    But still a good job!

7. Kelly's Landscaping

Kelly's Landscaping LawnSite Platinum Member

Yea the edges are way too high its easy enough to fix though you want to put them even with the paved surfaces not higher or they just peal up from traffic and things of that sort.

8. RedWingsDet

from Detroit

I cut the edges. I had to go back because I was one roll short, so when I layed that in, I cut the edges.

9. RedWingsDet

from Detroit

there used to be a huge tree in there where its higher. so theres a big stump under it (a few inches), along with all its unfreindly roots.