Recent storms in the NE...

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by Mrk'sLawn, Jul 20, 2006.

1. Mrk'sLawn

Mrk'sLawn LawnSite Member

Anyone making a killing with the recent storm that came through the other day? I have gotten a few calls for limb removal and also some stump grinding. I have a great respect for Mother Nature. Out of chaos comes order... And profits... :waving:

2. J&R Landscaping

J&R Landscaping LawnSite Fanatic

I've been getting tons of calls from neighboors. Not to cut trees down or anything like that but calls saying "my generator won't start, can you fix it"? I guess it comes in handy to be a certified ope technician as well as an LCO!

3. jt5019

jt5019 LawnSite Bronze Member

The storms always seem to go around my area so no extra work for me.

4. J&R Landscaping

J&R Landscaping LawnSite Fanatic

I forgot to mention, My area, (bucks county PA) and middletown townhip and all of langhorne and southhamptonj have been considered disaster areas. Some areas in Trevose and southampton won't have power back on till Saturday and it went out Tuesday around 8-8:30pm. We lost power and my house for like a 1/2 hour on tuesday night but haven't had a problem since.

5. Qreative

Qreative LawnSite Member

The rain has been decent this summer, so I've had a pretty easy time finding lawns that needed some mowing.

6. K&A Lawncare

K&A Lawncare LawnSite Member

I was half hoping for some t-storms but the great Bio-Dome once again protected us all. For those who don't know about the Bio-Dome, it is a theory I am circulating. The theory is there is a dome above the city i live in and it shields us from extreme weather. For the most part it holds true. Watch the radar and you'll see the storms break up before they get to us and then reform on the other side. So very few big storms and snow, HA! what is that?
    It's just my theory.