Recent Walkway and Steps

Discussion in 'Hardscaping' started by SOUTHERNGREENSCAPES, Mar 22, 2008.

1. SOUTHERNGREENSCAPES

SOUTHERNGREENSCAPES LawnSite Senior Member

Here are a couple of pictures from a recent set of steps and a walkway we did.

IMG_2353.JPG

IMG_2355.JPG

IMG_2357.JPG

IMG_2360.JPG

IMG_2365.JPG

2. BUCKEYE MOWING

BUCKEYE MOWING LawnSite Bronze Member

Looks very nice. I like the slight curve of the steps. Do you get to do any bed work on this job ?

3. flairland

flairland LawnSite Senior Member

I really like the steps, look very comfortable and welcoming. The walkway looks nice too, the only thing I would have done differently is made it more "S" shaped, instead of one long "C" curve - but thats just personal preference! Looks like good workmanship though

4. kootoomootoo

kootoomootoo LawnSite Platinum Member

5. SOUTHERNGREENSCAPES

Ya Got Me There Koot. Lol

6. SOUTHERNGREENSCAPES

It's Funny How Opinions Change From Place To Place And Person To Person. I Guess It Depends On Your Level Of Expertise.

7. Captains Landscape

Captains Landscape LawnSite Senior Member

You mean I can do stone veneer on rr ties?

8. pj550v12

pj550v12 LawnSite Senior Member

I'm sorry but your lines really aren't all that straight. I usually wouldn't comment but I know you're a mature member on the boards who can accept some critique. Pic 4 is where its really evident. Some of your running bonds are sooo long, looks like around 10 feet, and the curved cuts just aren't clean, right side looks ok, left side not so much.. I've seen your work, and most of it is top notch, but this certaintly isn't some of your finer stuff, sorry just being honest.

9. SOUTHERNGREENSCAPES

Thanks for the critique PJ. Yes this is a little below my average and thanks for the compliments.

this job was a training job for the two guys you see in the picture. I worked along side of them to make sure they didn't miss anything big, but wanted them to get a good feel for what needs to happen. Plus i figured they would get more satisfaction if the majority of it was their own work. Yes, some of the cuts could have been cleaner, but i took out the really bad ones. maybe the next one will look a little better.

Yes Captain, you can veneer rr ties. LOL I don't know how long it will last, but you can do what ever you want....this is lawnsite for goodness sake.

10. JNyz

JNyz LawnSite Bronze Member

Does that house need to be power washed or is it just the pic. It looks like some shrubs were removed in front of the house.