recently finished patio

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by rakeeye, Aug 7, 2005.

1. rakeeye

rakeeye LawnSite Member

Here are some pictures of a recently finished patio. I would post construction pictures but they were taken with a regular camera.

dsfoley1.jpg

dsfoley2.jpg

dsfoley8.jpg

dsfoley9.jpg

2. TWUllc

TWUllc LawnSite Senior Member

Looks good to me. How long did it take you?

3. rakeeye

rakeeye LawnSite Member

It took six days with two guys.

4. cgland

cgland LawnSite Bronze Member

Nice work John!

chris

5. br549oicu8

br549oicu8 LawnSite Bronze Member

DId you do the steps too??
    The job looks real nice but the steps don't meet the Building Code.

6. DJ Contracting

DJ Contracting LawnSite Senior Member

Are the building codes in Kansas the same as PA :dizzy: ? Anyway it looks good hoped you made a good profit for six days of work.

7. br549oicu8

br549oicu8 LawnSite Bronze Member

Many areas in the US are now going to the INternational Building Code which is a combination of the 3 major model code groups that have been here for years. Egress (exit) doors at residences are required to have a landing a minimum of 36 x 36 at the inside and outside of every exterior door. The code violation is the depth of the surface you step onto once you step outside. The width is good bu the depth should be 36" minimum.
    The quality of the project looks exceptional and that is why I took the time to mention. Once this is established are required in your area it odes add professionalism by being aware of code requirements associated with this kind of project.
    Other things to keep in mind are the requirments for handrails and guardrails.
    I advise checking with the local jurisdiction for these requirements prior to bidding. Here, we would disapprove the project which would be shame for all the hard work and craftsmanship that went into this project.
    Buddy Rodgers
    Building Inspector & COmmercial LAwn Care Owner

8. rakeeye

rakeeye LawnSite Member

The only reguirements for a secondary egress is that the first step from the home be no more than 7.5". And a handrail is only needed over 30".

9. rakeeye

rakeeye LawnSite Member

Thank you anyway for your input.

10. cgland

cgland LawnSite Bronze Member

We have in our contracts that any necessary handrails, railings or fences are the responsibility of the homeowner.

Chris