1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Recessed Deck Fixtures - L.E.D.

Discussion in 'Landscape Lighting' started by Zohan, Jun 24, 2013.

1. Zohan

Zohan LawnSite Member

Looking for LED fixtures that can be recessed into composite decking, so they need to be fairly thin....
    I can't seem to find much on google

Any suggestions?

2. Lite4

Lite4 LawnSite Gold Member

How are you using them? What are you lighting?

3. Zohan

Zohan LawnSite Member

A bridge that seperates 2 parts of a backyard over a creek....Bridge is composite decking material

4. INTEGRA Bespoke Lighting

INTEGRA Bespoke Lighting LawnSite Platinum Member

A photo or drawing would be most helpful. Also, consider using a 'standard' fixture with an LED lamp inside?

5. Lite4

Are you trying to conceal lighting under the bridge to light the creek area? Are you wanting a glow under the bridge or are you wanting to broadcast light down the creek bed?

6. INTEGRA Bespoke Lighting

INTEGRA Bespoke Lighting LawnSite Platinum Member

I believe I may have te perfect fixture for you.... From an unlikely and virtually unknown source... And there is no way that I will broadcast it on here. send me an email and I will point you the way.

7. Zohan

Zohan LawnSite Member

8. Lite4

If it were me, this is how I would approach it.

My first choice would be to pop those caps off every other post and see if those composite posts are hollow. Those composite posts should have a narrow, hollow core. If they do, then I would mount a deck light on the posts and shine down from there, (eye brow type). All you would have to do is chase the lead wire down the post and route the cable under the bridge. Easy peazy, lemon squeezy.

The tiny little bracketed light you attached is DC current only. If you are bent on placing something under the railing, you may take a look at this little guy- http://gardenlightinc.homestead.com/speciallights/files/garden_light_special_light_p1_r1_c5.pdf

Lastly, you could core in some of those little marker lights, but I have never really been a fan.

Good Luck

9. Zohan

Zohan LawnSite Member

Thanks Tim.....my first option was the eyebrow lights....pulled a cap and it's solid 4x4, with maybe a mm space, not enogh to snake a wire...the homeowner said his guy that built it told him it's hollow....not.

I will check out those garden lights

10. Zohan

Zohan LawnSite Member

Lol.....you've been watching the Fresh Beat Band