1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

recession worries?

Discussion in 'Landscape Maintenance' started by wildstarblazer, Feb 7, 2009.

1. lawnpro724

lawnpro724 LawnSite Silver Member

Things seem to be holding steady around here and business is doing better than I expected. We even have several new businesses that are going to be opening this summer. We did have some store closings but everything seems to be balancing out.
  2. Lux Lawn

Lux Lawn LawnSite Silver Member

Don't know what to expect this season with the economy. I lost a long time customer tonight because she lost her job.
  3. lawnpro724

lawnpro724 LawnSite Silver Member

From what I have been hearing on the news it sounds like Ohio is getting hit pretty hard. I hope things get better for your business as time goes on. I have been picking up quit a bit of work already this year, more than I did last year at this time.
  4. anotherturfgeek

anotherturfgeek LawnSite Member

we are getting slammed here in NC, 3 of my neighbors got laid off recently. I think the american people really need to wake up and change their buying habits. I mean look at how many products that Wal Mart sells is made in America.15-20% maybe at most. If everyone would lay off buying products from china, korea and god knows where else and instead start buying american products, WE would definitely be helping support our own jobs, our customers jobs hell why support China anyway?
    when reading product labels add to the list of things that are not good for you/us things made outside the US!!