reclycler kit or not

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by louviljlj, May 24, 2006.

1. louviljlj

louviljlj LawnSite Member

Just starting my business. I recieved my Toro walk behind mower today and was wondering if I should invest in a recycler kit for it. I would like the lawns I do to look good so I am considering buying one. I had bought a Bradley walk behind but sent it back it is made cheaply and ordered this Toro which is well built. I was trying to save money but the Bradley was crap.

2. Screamin100

Screamin100 LawnSite Member

I would go with the mulch kit. Mulching is beneficial to the lawn, and it will save you time in the long run. The one drawback to mulching is that the conditions have to be right for it to work well. If the grass is too wet, you will have some clumping, but keeping the blades sharpened, and raising your mowing height will help. Good luck with the new business.

3. desert rose gardening

desert rose gardening LawnSite Senior Member

Get a 'Atomic' blade for your 21 inch, you will have to order from Toro, like $20 or so. Its a great mulching blade!

4. lawnprosteveo

lawnprosteveo LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Tulsa

I have the recycler mulch kit on my 36 wb. I think its great. Ive mowed in all kinds of conditions...overall it has saved me alot of time and the yards look great.