Recommend a Walk Behind Aerator....

Discussion in 'Turf Renovation' started by Steve Swail, Apr 21, 2008.

1. Steve Swail

Steve Swail LawnSite Member

I get a lot of "hey, can you aerate my yard" questions from clients & am considering the purchase of a walk behind aerator for spring/fall aerating services for clients. I don't want this to be a Chevy vs Ford debate but I would love to hear feedback & opinions from people regarding what machine you have liked the best. Thanks for the help.
  2. Stillwater

Stillwater LawnSite Platinum Member

For the last 2 years I have been running Classen's with hondas. Their are a lot of good makers out their. Their is no such thing as the best I run them in the fall unless I have a turf issue that shoulden't wait.
  3. mngrassguy

mngrassguy LawnSite Silver Member

Turfco's service is the best in the industry
  4. Stillwater

Stillwater LawnSite Platinum Member

I can see and smell the arguing all ready, everyone got their flak jackets on?
  5. columbiaplower

columbiaplower LawnSite Senior Member

Been running Classen's with hondas as well and couldnt be happier. I also have a mill creek tow behind. The Classens are not light so be prepared for a work out, but i think just about any aerator will work you unless you get one of the super pricey ride on units. I have used a lesco split drive and i hated it, it worked me just as hard as my Classens and was slower.
  6. turfcobob

turfcobob LawnSite Senior Member

If you like your back and do not want to get all beat up by your aerator look at the TurnAer by Turfco. You drive it with brakes, it lifts itself up and you can ride behind it. Much more productive and easy on you.