recommend me a new pressure washer.

Discussion in 'Power Washing' started by josh1981, Aug 16, 2007.

1. josh1981

josh1981 LawnSite Senior Member

We need a new pressure washer at the house. Will be using it to wash the driveway, porch, one small deck, cars, some power equipment (weedwhacker, chainsaws, etc), possibly a few windows...

Dont need to spend a fortune I dont think. And would only be using it now and then. Will definately be using it in the spring and fall, off and on in summer.

I was looking at the john deere ones, also campbell hausfeld, and troy bilt. John deere ones seem to be good, also troy bilt.

So who should I go with? Reliability and price main factors.

2. fritowrdo

fritowrdo LawnSite Fanatic

Josh,

I bought a Snapper PW3000 this summer and it has been a good unit. Between my dad and I we have put about 6 hours on it but it will get a whole bunch more as my dad cleans the rest of his deck and I do my house. This is my first pressuer washer but I found it easy to use.

I paid about 580 for mine but I have a great dealer that stands behind their products and answers all my questions.

As with lawn epuipment, dealer support is most critical in my opinion rather than saving a few dollars at a big box store.

3. squirtgun

squirtgun LawnSite Member

The Troy built and JD are good machines.

4. Capemay Eagle

Capemay Eagle LawnSite Bronze Member

I just bought a Karcher 2400psi last week and I have to say this little thing kicks a$$..Cleaned the concrete up to original finish and the siding and gutters are shining and I even cleaned up some wood furniture to like new condition. I have put about 4 1/2 hours on it and it is running fine. I read a few reviews that there was some pressure problems, but most of these reviews are about 3-4 years old and the problem was easily fixed by just using some white grease on a certain part. Mine does not seem to have this part so the problem is most likely fixed. I got mine at BJ's for $199.90 it has a Honda 5 horse and it is the same engine on the Troy Bilt I looked at the other day. I figure a couple of more cleanings and I got my moneys worth.

5. josh1981

hows that brigs and stratton engine? last a long time?

6. squirtgun

squirtgun LawnSite Member

On homeowner type machines Honda's and BS are just about created equal.Do the regular maintenance and they will last.

I have a Vanguard 18hp with over 1500 hrs on it right now.

7. josh1981

ok ill look into snapper and karcher. thanks!

8. josh1981

thanks. what maitanance can I expect?

9. 2 clowns mowing

2 clowns mowing LawnSite Senior Member

don't buy it rent it you will find you don't really need one that bad.

10. LawnDude54

LawnDude54 LawnSite Member

I bought a new one a couple of months ago. I got the DeWalt with the 13 hp Honda at Home Depot. 3750 PSI and 4 Gallons per minute. This thing blows the doors off my Father-in-laws 5hp homeowners model. I cleaned my driveway in about 1/4 of the time. It's $1000.00 but I will be starting to do some pressure washing and house painting which requires pressure washing first.