1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Recommend your fertilizer spreader.

Discussion in 'Fertilizer Application' started by Aspenlawn, Mar 23, 2008.

1. Aspenlawn

Aspenlawn LawnSite Member

I love the Lesco, but due to some questionable behavior at the local branch
    I am taking my needs to another company.
    I want to know what you think about your commercial duty,walk behind spreader.Love it or hate it....
    just let me know.
    :usflag:

2. brownsallseasonlandscape

brownsallseasonlandscape LawnSite Member

We are in the same boat here, the spreader issue had not crossed my mind. However, if you have a cub cadet dealer near by, they can now get all of the equipment lesco used to sell its just yellow.

3. LIBERTYLANDSCAPING

LIBERTYLANDSCAPING LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Indiana

Spyker 288's are great. They spread WAY more evenly than a Lesco 3-hole. I never knew how bad the 3 hole spreaders were until I had a Spyker. (I've had one on my Z-Spray for a while) Their push spreaders also push very nicely. I'd check them out if I were you.

4. Hissing Cobra

Hissing Cobra LawnSite Senior Member

I like the LESCO models with the Remote Shields and 3rd Hole Closers. They're very easy to shift them on the fly.

5. Aspenlawn

Aspenlawn LawnSite Member

I actually have a Cub Cadet dealer near me, however I will have to do some looking for the Spyker. No one deals locally. The 288 is the one eh?? Ahhh
    Homework.

I appreciate the help.
    I would love to hear more.
    A salesman only loves "his" spreader. I gotta live with it.

B

6. BCNU

BCNU LawnSite Member

I use walk behind spreaders from A.M. Leonard. I ordered a Spred-Rite G from A.M. Leonard last night. I looked on Lescos site and was going to order from them until there shipping charge of $25.00 appeared on the screen. $25.00 bucks to ship a 1 pound peice, you got to be kidding. Never will bother with going to their website again.

7. gregory

gregory LawnSite Bronze Member

my z spray jr has a spyker spreader on it and the pattern is alot better then the lesco pattern

8. tremor

tremor LawnSite Bronze Member

9. americanlawn

americanlawn LawnSite Fanatic
    from midwest

Spyker 288's rule. No other spreader is in the same category. American built as well.

10. grassman177

grassman177 LawnSite Fanatic

the andersons(aka the old scotts spreaders with all the bells and whistles) is what i use, but we also own three lescos. all the guys but one fight to use the scotts as it is easier to push. our z spray has a spyker and i like it alot. also have jrco z mounted spreaders and love them, but are a pain to adjust, but once done you never have to do it again!