Recommendation For Organic Fertilizer

Discussion in 'Organic Lawn Care' started by michelle1181, Apr 8, 2008.

1. michelle1181

michelle1181 LawnSite Member

Anyone have a good Organic Fertilizer they use and what is a good price for 2500 sq ft yard.
  2. treegal1

treegal1 LawnSite Gold Member

re read some old posts or talk to a sponsor they have good stuff
    ict and terra tech are top shelf
  3. ICT Bill

ICT Bill LawnSite Platinum Member

You can use the instant compost tea as a spray like treegal said good stuff but it is important to have food (organic matter) in the soil for the microbes. We do have an NPK of 2-0-2

If you want granulars

Barry Draycott and Mainefert on here carry the Nutrients plus products, they seem to be accepted very well

Bradfield Organics (land o lakes purina) has a good product as well, you need to buy the pelletized as the other ones are to light to spread easily
  4. RLawns

RLawns LawnSite Member

I couldnt find the NPK 2-0-2 on your website, which product is it?

Thanks Rick
  5. ICT Bill

ICT Bill LawnSite Platinum Member

that is our Instant Compost Tea, it is registered as a fertilizer in your state
  6. Smallaxe

Smallaxe LawnSite Fanatic

A good fertilizer is one that enriches the soil's fertility and makes available what was not previously available, to the plant. In other words - balances the soil...

Not all soils are equal. no one fert will address the needs of every soil.

For grass the one necessary element is N... P is likely already there - only it is 'locked up' and a good active group of microbials will unlock it, and make it available to the plant. Same with K...

Balance the soil and see what happens... Compost is a good place to start. :)

Chasing N-P-K is like chasing pH... Chasing pH is like chasing a wild goose.

The sooner we get back to 'building the soil' the sooner many of these 'products' will come into perspective... Many of these products are beneficial, however, if the soil is cr@%#$ now these products will be just as short term as synthetic NPK...
    Good luck :)
  7. RLawns

RLawns LawnSite Member

ok thanks Bill
  8. green_mark

green_mark LawnSite Senior Member

We have an edible (all ingredients are used in animal feeds) product called 8-0-5 with organic selective weed control.
    The cost ranges from 2.00 - 3.00 per 1,000.

The weed control does not work as well as chemical but does when following our program.

email me at and I can forward you information about the products, program and see if this can fit into your program.
  9. phasthound

phasthound LawnSite Platinum Member

We do applications in Medford. I'll be glad to stop by & give you an estimate for our organic lawn and tree care programs.
  10. growingdeeprootsorganicly

growingdeeprootsorganicly LawnSite Senior Member

gee barry, one year too late on getting that one