Recommendation on patio

Discussion in 'Hardscaping' started by Kempton Cutter, Mar 20, 2005.

1. mbella

mbella LawnSite Bronze Member

Justin, how wide are the treads?

2. jreiff

jreiff LawnSite Senior Member
    from MN

If i remember correctly, there are 2 steps that are 12" and then a top landing that is 4' x 4'.

3. 1bsman

1bsman LawnSite Member

Just curious? If the concrete has settled with such a pitch, what about mudjacking to correct? I have no experience with mudjacking so I don't know what the limitations are.

4. mbella

mbella LawnSite Bronze Member

Justin, I would use glue on the two 12" treads. On the 4' tread, maybe glue the perimiter and sand the field.

Can Kempton Cutter tell us if the concrete patio settled, or if it was installed with the 3/4'" slope. He said the original concrete is in good shape. I would take that to mean it hasn't settled.

5. Kempton Cutter

Kempton Cutter LawnSite Member

Mbella
    To help clarify some of the issues with this project. The patio was installed aprox. 8 years ago and there is no evidence of any settling or shifting. There is no signs of cracking or breakdown of the patio. It was installed at the slope as described. I just think that the slope is excessive and it does not look nice with that much slope especially where the patio runs along the addition and meets with siding. thanks for all your input and ideas. I am scheduled to meet with the owner again next week so i will let you know how we are planning to proceed, Thanks again

skip

6. jreiff

jreiff LawnSite Senior Member
    from MN

Kempton Cutter--Do you have any pictures of the patio, just to help get an idea of how it looks and what you are dealing with???

7. Kempton Cutter

I don't have any pictures yet. Next time I meet with the owner I will get some now that the snow has melted.

8. neversatisfiedj

neversatisfiedj LawnSite Bronze Member

What program is that ?

9. Kempton Cutter

The program we run for are designs is punch pro platinum. Its not the best but it does help customers visulize the design. That picture shown was one that i threw together in a couple minutes. My wife does most of the actual designs for customers so she is much better and efficient at it than me. If you would like to see a design that she has done let me know.

Skip