1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Recommendation on push mowers

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by tjjn06, Apr 26, 2011.

1. tjjn06

tjjn06 LawnSite Member
    from Ohio

Looking for recommendations on 21" - 26" push mowers. Quality of cut and durability are a given. Another requirement is quality striping capabilities.
  2. JPsDuramax

JPsDuramax LawnSite Senior Member
    from Georgia

Look at the commercial Honda and commercial Toro with the blade brake clutch. I have one of each and both are great machines. My Honda is close to 20'and still going strong. The advantage th Honda has is that the transmission is hydrostatic versus belt drive on the toro. But the toro does better stripping. My .02
    Posted via Mobile Device
  3. gasracer

gasracer LawnSite Bronze Member

I tried the Toro with the blade clutch and had nothing but issues with it.For the the cost I just buy El Depot mowers keep the blades sharp and and replace them every couple of years. I can't justify $800 for a Honda push mower since I have a 36" commercial to do most of my small stuff.
  4. tjjn06

tjjn06 LawnSite Member
    from Ohio

Any particular models you are using?

MOHUSTLER LawnSite Bronze Member

Honda, Snapper and Toro are your top end brands. All are good or equaly as crappy. However you want to look at it.
  6. FuturePilot4u

FuturePilot4u LawnSite Senior Member

Honda HRX or toro super recycler
    Posted via Mobile Device
  7. h2oskier

h2oskier LawnSite Senior Member

Hrx honda 217 not commercial but a damn good and functional 21" lawn machine.
    The advantages, are you can mulch or bag with the slide of a lever verus a plug, it has the BBC these guys are talking about, and well the quality of the engine speaks for it self.
    Draw back, it does not have a commercial air filter so youll have to clean or change it more often.

P.S. it also has the nexite deck, means no rust and easier to clean.
  8. bobcat48

bobcat48 LawnSite Gold Member

Toro,honda and cub cadet:usflag:
  9. Chevy z71

Chevy z71 LawnSite Fanatic

10. LibertyFarmLandscaping

LibertyFarmLandscaping LawnSite Bronze Member
    from NE TX

Take a look at the Ybravo 25" mower if you have a dealer in your area. www.ybravo.com

We have ran 2 of these this season with great results. Same weight as a 21". Great mulching and bagging.