Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by HOMER, Nov 5, 2000.

1. HOMER

HOMER LawnSite Gold Member

A couple months back I purchased a new hedge trimmer for a new account that I picked up. Needed something with a little reach on it but didn't want to spend a fortune. I found an Echo SHC-2100 for around $380.00 and it has made my life a whole lot easier. My trimming time is about half what it used to be with my Tanakas and my ability to reach the taller shrubs is much better. I didn't get the ones with the articulating head but really haven't needed any so far for what I do. I have been using Stihl trimmers, edgers and blowers but have been very pleased with my new hedge trimmers. I just thought I would recommend to anyone planning to purchase an extended reach trimmer to look at these before you buy. Another thing I like is they save me from a lot of lower back strain when you have a lot of shrubs to do. I use them for everything because I can stand over the shrubs and get a better view. I think they might even look better now!

Happy Homer
  2. landscaper3

landscaper3 LawnSite Bronze Member

thank you for your post we are looking into the same ones for the codominiums we maintain with large arborvite trees and others, thanx.
  3. Vibe Ray

Vibe Ray LawnSite Senior Member

I would have gotten the articulating head. Good for low hedging while still standing. You can always find a use for them!
  4. bob

bob LawnSite Platinum Member
    from DE

I have the Stihl FS-85 with the hedge trimmer attatchment. It also has the articulating head. I found that besides the ability to reach up high, it's easier to cut the hedge straight because your standing back from the hedge.
  5. gene gls

gene gls LawnSite Gold Member

I just bought an articulating hedge trimmer head for my pole prunner.Its a bit heavy but shure beats using a ladder for tall shrubs.
  6. jaybee

jaybee LawnSite Member

I have the Echo trimmer with the articulating head. Excellent. I also have the hedge trimmer attatchment for my Stihl power pruner. It's O.K. if your gonna do one or two trees, but after that it gets heavy. If I can safely get on a step ladder and use my Echo I will do that.
  7. excel25

excel25 LawnSite Senior Member

We have the Echo with the articulating head and love it. Took some time to get the feel of it but it's much faster now and can do must everything with it.