Recommendations for a laser level\transit

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by AdvLandscapeLLC, Jan 21, 2011.

1. AdvLandscapeLLC

AdvLandscapeLLC LawnSite Senior Member

Does anyone have any recommendations for a new laser looking for something that auto levels and will auto calculate slope. I will be using it mainly for drainage and grading off areas for landscaping and stone work. Looking to spend under $1000 if possible.

I found a spectra LL 500 on craigslist does anyone know anything about this model?

2. AWJ Services

AWJ Services LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Ga

3. ConstSvcs

ConstSvcs LawnSite Senior Member

Forget the auto slope..... calc. your own per ft. by a Spectra Physics rotary head and a PLS 180 for exact 90's for layout.........and your done.

4. ConstSvcs

Sorry Mike, I did mean to say PLS 90..............take a look at the PLS 360 . Very accurate laser that will last you you wont have a band of indians fumbling with it. These lasers are very accurate. We use the PLS 90 many tasks instead of the old a2+b2=c2 ............

5. john1066

john1066 LawnSite Member
    from MA

we hae about 8 topcon rlh3a's they are the best you can buy in my opinnion or even the rlh3c forget about the slope by a lenker rod so that you work off a known benchmark and can do any grade from that with in 10 ft vertical. then do the math for slop and you can't go wrong.

6. AWJ Services

from Ga

Those PLS lasers are made in China aren't they?

The Spectre I linked is only 500 dollars, has a 3 year warranty (includes damage from dropping) with a 1000 foot range.

7. ConstSvcs

So is the Macbook Pro that I'm replying to this tread from. That is a mute point in the 21st century....for many hi tech electrical devices.

Yes you are correct that Spectre is fairly priced..... as rotary head construction laser and a quality product at that.

8. Danny Boy

Danny Boy LawnSite Senior Member

I use two PLS lasers for work and have no complaints, they are good quality and easy to use, dont know the model of the top of my head right now...

9. RedRebel

RedRebel LawnSite Member

There is deals to be had on ebay and craigslist also. I just got a topcon with rl-h3c with the ls-70c for under 200$. The best part is that it looks brand new with no scratches and it even has the paperwork that came with it.:cool2:

10. AWJ Services

from Ga

Yeah the Spectre I have was made in Taiwan.