Recommendations for commercial 22" lawnmower?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by sdlandscape, Sep 3, 2011.

1. Jimslawncareservice

Jimslawncareservice LawnSite Platinum Member
    from mn

I just bought an exmark 21 x series. Does great on all conditions. It my first 21 commercial. I have had deere and Honda res 21 mowers. None are close to this mower
    Posted via Mobile Device

2. RussellB

RussellB LawnSite Fanatic

The YBravo appears to have the same engine as the commercial Honda at a much higher price. Maybe I am reading the specs wrong but I'll stick with Honda.
    Posted via Mobile Device

3. madisonpressurewashing

madisonpressurewashing LawnSite Senior Member

Best Honda at Home depot, get 5 year warnity

4. LibertyFarmLandscaping

LibertyFarmLandscaping LawnSite Bronze Member
    from NE TX

The Ybravo is MSRP price on the website. My 21" ybravo was $795 at the dealer. The best price on the Honda around here is $1099.

5. drenchedlawn

drenchedlawn LawnSite Member

I have just got my 38th account in 4 months. In my limited experience, if you must use a 21" your not being productive. I only have 2 of accounts I need my 21" on. Going forward if I can't run a 32" bare minimum I won't be taking that account. Cut is better and less tire tracks, all around better finish. I will put my tbar 32" against the end product of any 21" with it's tire tracks. Can't stand the tracks. Ordered 36" and my 32" will be my small mower.

6. lawnboy dan

lawnboy dan LawnSite Gold Member

you will be sorry if you buy a snapper 21-get a toro proline

7. Exact Rototilling

Exact Rototilling LawnSite Fanatic

Ybravo 25...handles like a 21 ...kinda a no brainer....Honda GXV160. If no dealers in your area no biggie ...I'm not about to run to a dealer to hold my hand for some nickel and.dime part swap if an.issue arises. The time wasted in dropping off and picking up from.dealer. :hammerhead:

Ybravo has a high vent bag for both 21 and 25. 25 has the edge over their 21 in wet grass. Yes....the high vent bag makes a.noticeable difference when mowing tall soaked fine fiscue grass.
    Posted via Mobile Device

Last edited: Sep 4, 2011
  8. Exact Rototilling

Exact Rototilling LawnSite Fanatic

Btw ...has Ybravo shipped the high vent catcher for the 25? I'm using the one off the 21....Tad less capacity.
    Posted via Mobile Device

9. LibertyFarmLandscaping

LibertyFarmLandscaping LawnSite Bronze Member
    from NE TX

No, haven't received the high vent bag for the 25 yet. It's not showing on the parts list on the site yet either. We mostly bag St Augustine with the 25 so the standard bag works fine. We have some back yards with pools that are bermuda that we use the 21 on, and the high vent bag definitely works better when it's wet.

10. johnny_boy02

johnny_boy02 LawnSite Member

If you place the Honda and the YBravo side by side the YBravo looks better built. More "commercial" if you will.

Same with me. Though I wish I would have just skipped the 21" and got the 25 from the start.