Recommendations for rugged basic phone Verizon.

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by Greg78, Mar 11, 2013.

1. Greg78

Greg78 LawnSite Silver Member

Looking for recommendations for a rugged basic phone for Verizon. My dad currently uses a G'z One Boulder and doesn't like it. Says it's hard to see who is calling and the orange has flaked off. Anybody still using non-smart phones?

2. HDLLandscaping

HDLLandscaping LawnSite Member

Just upgraded to my iPhone after finally convincing my parents to let me off their plan, who would have thought that would be hard? But in all honesty, the basic phones are crap, they are cheap, and break if the weathers to hot and they are in your pocket (I know this from experience). See if he likes any of the smart phones, I believe that if you have an iPhone in a Otter Box case and it breaks they pay to replace it, its better off than the basic phones. I went through 5 basic phones in the last year and I was at school and landscaping.

3. grandview (2006)

grandview (2006) LawnSite Gold Member

Still using Verizon Rock flip phone.

[​IMG]

4. Greg78

My dad hasn't been able to break any of his rugged phones, hes only used 2 phones for the last 6 years. I have an iPhone and had it in an Otterbox Defender case and broke 2 of those cases. Now I have the iPhone in a Lifeproof case, it's nice not having to worry about rain and being able to take it into the pool.

5. Greg78

Thanks will check into it.

6. Greg78

Oh and about Otterbox paying for your phone,,, not gonna happen.

7. HDLLandscaping

HDLLandscaping LawnSite Member

I am going to have to look into the life proof, and none of verizons basic phones seem to rugged/safe from a fly.

And damn, i heard otterbox would do that, oh well... i dropped it off a roof the other day on accident and it didnt break. I should be ok for now haha.

8. Greg78

Otterbox has a "waterproof" case now as well called the armor series but it is a lot more bulky than the defender.

Otterbox will replace your case if it is defective within the warranty period.
    From Otterbox' website: OtterBox does not warrant, and is not responsible for, any smart phone or other device made by anyone other than OtterBox.

9. beano

beano LawnSite Senior Member

I have the G'rock like the one in the picture above. Works great and speaker phone is crystal clear. I refuse to get a smart phone but with that being said, the G'rock was the same price as an i phone!

10. Blade Runners

Blade Runners LawnSite Bronze Member

Motorola Flip circa 1990s ;)

[​IMG]