1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

recommended blades for 52'' stander X

Discussion in 'Wright Manufacturing, Inc. (Archived)' started by kawakx125, Mar 13, 2013.

1. WrightCommercial

WrightCommercial Inactive

kawakx125,

The G5 should perform the same as the G6, maybe slightly better as the weight is the only difference, and it was done because the smaller mowers can struggle with the weight of the G6. Heavy blades or higher lift blades require more power to limit the drop in RPM's they create, so on your 36" the extra high lifts are likely dropping RPM's contributing to the clumping where high lifts when run with higher horsepower usually correct clumping issues.

Best Regards
    Wright Mfg.

2. kawakx125

kawakx125 LawnSite Bronze Member

maybe i'll try some regular high lifts on it then, it cut like crap with the stock medium lift

3. WrightCommercial

WrightCommercial Inactive

kawakx125,

Medium lifts work for many but they won't work for all. If I recall the extra high lifts are a 3" wide blade similar to the G6 and G5, where normal high lifts are 2 1/2" wide so the "extra" do carry more weight.

Best Regards
    Wright Mfg.

4. Likestomow

Likestomow LawnSite Senior Member

What's the purpose of the off-set blade? They are much more expensive and hard to find.

5. kawakx125

kawakx125 LawnSite Bronze Member

i read in one thread somewhere that it is to help prevent catching the blade bolt on the trailer or something since on these aerocore decks the blades are so low, mainly on fixed deck models this becomes an issue