recommended tire pressure for Carlisle AT-101

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by kymowyurs, Jul 18, 2013.

1. kymowyurs

kymowyurs LawnSite Member

I purchased a new set of Carlisle AT-101's (24x12x12) for my Gravely 260 Pro Turn. I have run this tire before, but can't remember the best pressure range for them. The tire states max pressure of 20 PSI on the sidewall, but I,m sure that's way to much. I appreciate some input from you guys that use them. Thanks in advance!

2. Mickhippy

Mickhippy LawnSite Platinum Member

I run between 10 and 12psi.

3. nashlawn01

nashlawn01 LawnSite Senior Member

I run 12 psi. Any more and they won't stick to a hill and spin too much

4. kymowyurs

Thanks, I appreciate it.

5. kymowyurs

That is exactly why I went ahead and ask the question. I didn't realize that and now I know to keep the tire pressure 12 psi or below. Thanks.

Last edited: Jul 18, 2013
  6. Bumpmaster

Bumpmaster LawnSite Fanatic

Think that keeping the tire pressure at 20 or above makes for a more even cut when cutting hills.

7. kymowyurs

I remember that the tire would shift from the centerline of the rim if the pressure was set to low. When working on the sides of steep slopes I noticed the cut wasn't quite as good. Thanks for the input.

8. Ridin' Green

Ridin' Green LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Michigan

Hey, how's the mower working out for ya now?

9. kymowyurs

Hey Ridin' Green.

I learned a lot from you guys here about the 260 Pro Turn. I did have two problems ane you guys helped me resolve both issues. The deck belt needed retensioning, which I assumed was done automatically. You know what Assuming does for us? my mower. That brought my discharge velocity up to the level it should be. Then I sharpened and installed the original drop-down blades and my QOC was vastly improved. Thes two things put the mower back to it's orginal cut quality.

10. kymowyurs

Hey Ridin' Green.

I learned a lot from you guys here about the 260 Pro Turn. I did have two problems ane you guys helped me resolve both issues. The deck belt needed retensioning, which I assumed was done automatically. You know what Assuming does for us? my mower. That brought my discharge velocity up to the level it should be. Then I sharpened and installed the original drop-down blades and my QOC was vastly improved. Thes two things put the mower back to it's orginal cut quality.
    I Learned from you guys that the wet grasses, especially tall wet grass wasn't meant to be cut in one pass. Native grasses in our area like (crab grass and white clover) when wet and over 7 or 8 days since last cut tend to clog the deck. I am sure this will happen with any brand of deck. Gravely has probably improved this deck with their new Exfactor ll, but I have learned how to use this Exfactorl deck. Thanks for asking and appreciate all the help!