Reconditioned Echo Trimmers

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by TYLAWN, Feb 5, 2003.

1. TYLAWN

TYLAWN LawnSite Member

The Home Depot in my area has got several recondition echo trimmers priced at $175 and they still give the 2 yr warranty. Would this be considered a good buy? New ones are priced at $250. Give me some insight about making a decision.:confused:

2. devildog

devildog LawnSite Senior Member
    from sc

Not no, but hell no....

3. lawncare3

lawncare3 LawnSite Bronze Member

NEVER buy a reconditioned one. You WILL regret it. Even if they have the warranty it's defanately NOT worth it because they trake their time on fixing the (about 5 weeks). You just can't have that down time when running a business. I had a mower there once (toro) they told me it would be 6 weeks to have it fixed. I just bought a crapsman with a 3 year warranty. IMHO just buy a new one you will be much more satisfied with that. Plus, you can get a new stohl homeowner simaler to that one for around $200. I noot nagging I just don't want you to make the same mistakes I did.

4. Gravely_Man

Gravely_Man LawnSite Silver Member

I would only go for that "deal" if this was going to be a backup piece of equipment and you had a very limited budget.

Gravely_Man

5. 2 man crew

2 man crew LawnSite Senior Member

Not for a $75.00 savings. 30%off retail? I wouldn't

6. Tim Canavan

Tim Canavan LawnSite Member
    from Houston

You can't get anything bigger than a srm 2400 at a Home Depot anyway. Go to a dealer and get a srm 260. It's got more power and dealers will get you in first when you need something fixed.

7. fatboy5803

fatboy5803 LawnSite Senior Member

I have been to Home Depot and have seen several one's there
    and look like they've been drug down the road !! For the little savings and the time it would take for repairs. I with others don't think or would do it.. I know we all like to save a Buck, doesn't sound like a good deal..

Lou

8. bob

bob LawnSite Platinum Member
    from DE

Get a new one . If that reconditioned one breaks, it will never get fixed at Home Depot.

9. Grass Master

Grass Master LawnSite Senior Member

Spend the money and get NEW Echo units from a dealer!

Dealing with Home Depot is a nightmare when you are in our busienss!!

Try the SRM-260S.....it is awesome!!!

10. TYLAWN

TYLAWN LawnSite Member

I stopped by my local dealer and looked at the echo and the maruyama. I actually liked the maruyama better. It was priced at $209 and has a life time warranty on the shaft.