1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Reconditioned Equipment

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by ToddS, Jan 12, 2004.

1. ToddS

ToddS LawnSite Member

Are they worth it? I have been offered a trimmer, leaf blower and backpack blower, but they are all reconditioned. They all still have the manufacturers warranty and have been offered to me for more then half the original price. They are all stihl products. ANy comments are appreciated.Thanks.

2. BIG

BIG LawnSite Member

Did Stihl refurbish them, or is this some guy in his basement with a socket set? If Stihl- well,practice makes perfect.

SHOW ME STATE RIDER LawnSite Member
    from MO

4. CNE

CNE LawnSite Member

I have a Stihl backpack and trimmer and purchased them new. Yes they are more expensive, but both have lifetime warranty on the ignition, the trimmer has a lifetime warranty on the shaft (which is solid, not hollow) and the clutch assembly. I would spend the extra money, it will be worth it in the long run. You can buy cheaper products that will last half the life or buy it once and use it for a long time. The only piece I bought used was a Gravely WB 48" Hydro with only 18 hours on it. It was still NEW. To be dependable in your business, you need dependable equipment.