Reconfiguration Questions

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by landscaper9929, Jul 15, 2007.

1. landscaper9929

landscaper9929 LawnSite Member

Trying to reconfigure a rotor zone to sprays. I would like to triangulate the sprays using the existing lateral line. I can saddles for half of them. However what are my options on the ones I want to move up (triangulating them) with out using 5' of funny pipe, or a slip-fix and a tee. I figure if I dig back far enough I could move the pipe enough to squeeze a tee in but was hoping there might be another way. Got any suggestions?

2. PurpHaze

PurpHaze LawnSite Fanatic

You're not very specific about the "squeezing in" of a tee. I assume since you mentioned a Slip Fix that you're dealing with PVC and that there might be more than one pipe in the trench?

3. Mike Leary

Mike Leary LawnSite Fanatic

What's the problem with a slip-fix? I you've got other pipes in the way, 45
    ell out of the way. We have had some problems with slip-fixes leaking, tho.
    Ford makes a cool pack joint for sch 40.

4. PurpHaze

PurpHaze LawnSite Fanatic

We use two different manufacturers (Spears; Lasco) and on occasion have had them leak fresh out of the gate through their O-rings.

5. As long as each head is within 2 gpm or so......run the 5 foot of swing pipe.....that won't hurt ya.

6. Always tighten the ring, never use on mainline unless it is the only option, and fully engage. Our slip fix rules.

7. landscaper9929

by squeezing in a tee I mean expose enough of the pipe so I can move it, put in a tee run pvc to the new location, ad a slip to thread ell and swing assembly and head.

8. landscaper9929

also have not opened the trench yet but there should only be one pipe in it, and yes down here all we use is pvc, no poly.

9. landscaper9929

no problem with the slip fix, it is just a cost issue. roughly 2.50 ea.. the ones i use are glued no oring. slips on to pipe, then slide out and glue on with a coupling.

10. landscaper9929

the slip fix i am talking about glues on, are you talking about a compression fitting?