1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Record Keeping

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by smurfettegreen1, May 14, 2005.

1. smurfettegreen1

smurfettegreen1 LawnSite Member

hi ya'll
    I am researching different methods of keeping records of what I spray, When, Where. Also the chemicals and amounts.
    Does anybody have any special software they use. Or forms they like.
    I sure would appreciate some input.
    Thanks heaps
  2. I use a pre-printed form that has product names and other info that needs tracking, then I just fill in the blanks when I do the application.

There are some software packages that claim to track product usage, but I don't know how well they work.
  3. mower_babe

mower_babe LawnSite Senior Member

Anyone know of any online source for IL pest tracking? new to this also and wanna keep out of trouble. :cool:
  4. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

Mr. Barefoot,
    If you don't mind me asking, where do you get your forms? We are using ones we created ourselves, right now, but I would like to switch to a nicer format. I would love to find one done in landscape (horizontal page) format, that I can have our logo printed on. Any info is greatly appreciated. :)
  5. Runner,

I would be happy to share my forms with you.

We made our own, and we had it blessed by the MDA for compliance.

This coming week is supposed to be rainy, if you wanted to meet we can do that. Or if you would like a sample of my form in .doc format, I can send that to you.
  6. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

Man, that would be great. Perhaps if you Email it, I would be able to print a copy. I will get some pricves on having some duplicate forms made. Also, how far north do you come? I have a call from the Fenton area (White Lake Road). It is a referal, but I don't go down that far. Thank you so much.
  7. Grandview

Grandview LawnSite Gold Member
    from WI

I use a preprinted invoice that has information I leave the customers. I use the item list in my Quickbooks to print what I am applying. I just have to fill in how much I applied. The invoice is my pesticide application record.
  8. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

Right,...that is what I would really like. Something that may have a detatchable card to send with the payment. That would be the ultimate.
  9. Garth

Garth LawnSite Senior Member

I saw one on this site that was phenomenal once and took it a step farther. I created one on Windows Excel that tells what product was sprayed, dilution rate (for my trainees), EPA number, then on a separate sheet, safety instructions, area treated, amount of product used, wind speed and direction, and finally an area for the customer to sign stating that they understand that application is NOT a guarantee of pest elimination as many factors are involved, and they have had all safety instructions reviewed and explained to them to their satisfaction by the applicator. It pretty much covers our butts and once they've signed the statement, it eliminates those lovely people who try to get you to come back ten times a year for free because they've not followed your IPM programme for total control of said pest.
    Once you've dabbled in Excel, you can do very well making up any form you need.
  10. I don't service Fenton, although I do treat my brothers house in Holly, but only because he is my brother.

Please PM your email address to me, I couldn't find yours in your profile.

By the way, my form has a detachable payment slip on it.