Record keeping

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by Firefighter1428, Nov 27, 2006.

1. parkeeee

parkeeee LawnSite Member

I keep a small notepad in the truck where I write down the time spent at each job, activities and materials. At home I use an excell spreadsheet to keep tract of invoices/payments/year to date sales. It has worked fine for me.

2. procut

procut LawnSite Bronze Member

lol. I made them myself using word. On the top of the page there is the customer name, address, ph. #, act. #. Below that are 35 horozontal spaces divided into four columns, where the date, service, amount, and payment description can be recoreded by hand. At the very bottom of the page is a spot to write the yearly $ total for that account. The only problem is I wish I could fit more than 35 spaces per page, becasue about half way through the season, some accounts need a second page and most will require 2 pages before the season is over.

3. tthomass

tthomass LawnSite Gold Member
    from N. VA

I just spent $420 on Quickbooks 2007..........now I'm gonna bite the bullet a little harder and buy a laptop. Dell is running them for $500 with 1gb of memory. Then I'll end up with the cute little printer that I can put in my truck + a mount..............the Chevy and International are getting their own version of "Pimp My Ride"

4. AndyTblc

AndyTblc LawnSite Fanatic

I've thought about carrying around some clipboards for each customer and filling in a the crap that needs to go on there. Because sometimes I foreget to record them in the computer.

5. Team Gopher

Team Gopher LawnSite Platinum Member
    from -

6. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

Very happy with QuickBooks

7. WALKER LANDSCAPE

WALKER LANDSCAPE LawnSite Bronze Member

We use a ADKAD program called Grounds keeper pro. It takes care of all our needs from date, time, employ time, expenses and so on. You can get it almost anywhere. Any question PM me.

8. grassrangers

grassrangers LawnSite Member

we use to use excel for our daily jobs and locations, we have A & B weeks all year long (due to bi-weekly customers) and ill just print a new sheet every week
    and used quickbooks pro to keep track of all our expenses, payments, invoices etc
    Recently purchased Gopher and that is 10 times better...i have all of my lawn care customers scheduled for 2007 already and its so much easier when creating invoices...i would def look into it

9. firefightergw

firefightergw LawnSite Gold Member
    from Texas

Do I get a free upgrade or a Gopherhaul?