1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Recurring Credit Card billing

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by mtdman, Mar 8, 2005.

1. mtdman

mtdman LawnSite Gold Member

Anyone have their accounts set up to automatically bill to the credit card each month? If so, how exactly do you work it? I was thinking of sending out a statement on the 1st, and on the 5th automatically bill the credit card for that amount. That way they have a day or so to view the bill and call if they have any questions.
  2. TLM

TLM LawnSite Member

Your merchant credit card co. should have a authorization form for what you want to do. Just have the customers sign it and keep it on file. I have several customers that do this.
    I use Quickbooks to e-mail the bills and the customers pay with credit cards on line, it's fast and they love it.
    if you do not have QB try e-Bay it's cheep!
  3. mtdman

I have qb, I'm thinking about going with them. My question is, what is the proceedure you follow if you set up automatic cc charging every month? I'm trying to avoid arguing about billing and charges, etc.
  4. TLM

TLM LawnSite Member

You can make your own form just go to the sites below and you can see the forms. Just have the customers sign it and charge the amount on the 1st of every month.
    It's that easy.

5. mtdman

That's not what I'm asking exactly. I'm wondering about time frames, etc. Like I said, bill on the 1st, charge automatically on the 5th. I don't think I want to bill and charge on the same day.
  6. TLM

TLM LawnSite Member

Why not, I do.
    If you buy a pizza you pay for it.
    If I mow a lawn and bill out on the 1st and they are on the auto pay, I charge the card right away. I have never had any problems.
    How you bill and when you charge is TOTAL up to you.
  7. PTP

PTP LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Tulsa

I charge the customer the day after I service their property. Their price always stays the same so that makes it easier. There are no suprises for them.

This method works well and I highly recommend it. I use QB.