1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Recycle Mower Blades

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by lawnnut, Jul 19, 2000.

1. lawnnut

lawnnut LawnSite Member

Does any one have a way to make edger blades out of the old mower blades.<br>I think the steel would be better then the ones I buy<br>

2. Scraper

Scraper LawnSite Bronze Member

I would think that the mower blade would be too thick therefore putting more strain on your belts or clutch(whichever you have) and motor for the edger causing earlt wearout. At around $4 a blade...I wouldn't waste my time trying to fabricate into an edger blade.

3. Keith

Keith LawnSite Gold Member

LOL. Recycle them, you can probably get $2-3 per 100 pounds selling as scrap. Come pick mine up too.

4. Guido

Guido LawnSite Silver Member

I think Bedmeir was working on a design for this and other uses for old bent up mower blades. Check his posts out on that thread, might be a money making idea!! LOL<p>----------<br>&lt;a href=&quot;http://communities.msn.com/guidosequipmentpics/&quot;&gt;&quot;Guido&quot;&lt;/a&gt;<br>David M. Famiglietti

5. bdemir

bdemir LawnSite Senior Member

very funny!<br><p><font size="1">Edited by: bdemir

6. bdemir

bdemir LawnSite Senior Member

Actually i was going to sharpen them like little chinese stars and throw them at you!! hehehe<br><p><font size="1">Edited by: bdemir