Recycled Rubber Mulch Border

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by allisos, Aug 15, 2004.

1. allisos

allisos LawnSite Member

does anyone know a source of this other than Gardeners Supply Co.? The prices are just WAY TOO HIGH to do more than a small bed - (the address below shows a picture of it with the prices)

http://www.gardeners.com/Shopping/s...13.jpg&flash=

this could really help me keep the constantly overgrown edges of the beds I take care of clean - I use a lot of mulch in the beds -refreshed every year - but it would be great to have an inorganic border edge that kept things from creeping into the beds... that could be mown over - look ok especially if the bark mulch covered over the edges etc.

does anyone know if anyone else sells this or who manufacturers it?

thanks

2. beaver

beaver LawnSite Member

my grandfather has the recycled mulch boarders. it does not look good at all because it is shiny and the regular mulch behind it dulls out.
    it looks good from a distance though:eek:

3. Precision

Precision LawnSite Silver Member

try everlast mulch at

stopmulching.com

they have local dealers listed

Call all your local mulch yards. Everlast is the most expensive rubber product, but it is the best looking.

The cheapest I can get any rubber mulch around me is $144 per cu yd.

4. lawnman_scott

lawnman_scott LawnSite Fanatic

I got a price for some, it was between $162 and $179 per yard. $13,000 for mulch, i dont think they will go that route.

5. Precision

Precision LawnSite Silver Member

80 yds of mulch. what are you mulching? That is +/- 12000 square feet at 2" depth.

I think a semi load is about 100 yds. Just buy direct if you need that much. Come to think of it, the semi might be less than that cause I think my yard gets less than that when they recieve a delivery.

6. rotgg

rotgg LawnSite Member

rubber mulch sucks

7. lawnman_scott

lawnman_scott LawnSite Fanatic

Its not 80 yards. Im not throwing in the labor for free. Its a large commercial property.

8. allisos

allisos LawnSite Member

Thanks for the replies - but I am looking for a rubber mulch EDGE border - I have been able to find loose rubber mulches - but don't care for them. I use organic mulches for all the beds I do -

the photo I included is of a rubber border product that is used as an EDGING on the perimeter of the beds -

http://www.gardeners.com/Shopping/s...13.jpg&flash=

any info on who else might sell or manufacturer it would be great !

thanks again