1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

recycling used pipe & heads

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by MnLefty, Dec 9, 2013.

1. ArTurf

ArTurf LawnSite Gold Member
    Male, from Ark

I haven't found a place for the plastic heads but I do take the stainless steel spring out and recycle. Not really worth the time $ wise but makes me feel like I am not wasting something that could be used again. If you've got nothing better to do in the winter you could do this.

2. Wet_Boots

Wet_Boots LawnSite Fanatic

do a photo gallery of the oldest and weirdest clocks

3. Wet_Boots

the ABS plastic in most sprinklers is non-recyclable, in the way that current recycled plastics are

4. Wet_Boots

If you were going to part out a Stream Rotor head, you would want to keep the stator from them, as the spring in them can sometimes break, which will stop them from rotating.

5. Wet_Boots

I think i still have a few cases of junk heads I'd set aside for those exchange promotions.

6. zimmatic

zimmatic LawnSite Senior Member

We reuse the fittings. Called my local waste hauller they brought out a recycling container and they take it. Didnt tell them what type of plastic let them "sort" it out. Old pipe pile takes about 15 min to cut down into small pieces using a jig saw and put into recycling.