Red Hawk/Dixon?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by MGServicesINC, Aug 10, 2008.

1. MGServicesINC

MGServicesINC LawnSite Member

Hey all.
    Been in business for a while now, and wanted to know the other pros opinions on Red Hawk Mowers.
    I use Ferris and Exmark, just wanted to know what others think of Red Hawk.
    They look alot like Dixon Industries and the eariler Exmarks.
    Thanks

mark

2. whoopassonthebluegrass

whoopassonthebluegrass LawnSite Platinum Member

Are the Red Hawks the ones that are $1750 for a 48" hydro? The price is pretty sweet, but you get what you pay for...

3. Richard Martin

Richard Martin LawnSite Fanatic

Red Hawk mowers go by many other names like The Landscaper, Black Rock, Dixie Chopper, Buyers Gold and many others. It is not a Exmark or a Dixon and never has been. Red Hawk mowers have their steel parts fabbed in China and then import them and final assembly in made here in the States using the same parts that a lot of "brand name" mower use.

4. EJK2352

EJK2352 LawnSite Bronze Member

Those Red Hawks are Chinese if it matters to you.

5. EJK2352

EJK2352 LawnSite Bronze Member

Looks like Mr. Martin beat me to the punch.

6. MGServicesINC

MGServicesINC LawnSite Member

I saw an advertisement by mutton power, Brand new Red Hawk 48" belt driven for 1600.00 plus 200 freight.
    I am staying with exmark and ferris, but for maybe some small residentials I could put one of these to use. I also saw some adds for Bob Cat, and one of my dealers started selling Everride walk behinds. They dont look too bad either.
    Mark

7. JimQ

JimQ LawnSite Bronze Member

The Dixon Walkabout series are "BlueHawks" Redhawk in blue paint.

Q

8. STIHL GUY

STIHL GUY LawnSite Fanatic
    from CT

they looks pretty neat but i bet they wouldnt hold up after too much use so it might be good for a homeowner or someone mowing only 1 or 2 lawns a week

9. Richard Martin

Richard Martin LawnSite Fanatic

Wow, those mowers are really getting around. I don't know who the actual manufacturer is but I'd be willing to bet that they're selling a lot of "pre-fab" mowers.

10. lifetree

lifetree LawnSite Fanatic

I think the Dixon WB series are the same as the Red Hawk mowers, they just purchase them and paint them Dixon blue !!