Red Hawk/Dixon?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by MGServicesINC, Aug 10, 2008.

1. lifetree

lifetree LawnSite Fanatic

OK, I didn't get this far before I answered the question ... anyway, it is the "BlueHawk" variety !!

2. lifetree

lifetree LawnSite Fanatic

You can stake your virginity on that ... LOL !!

3. Wittapp

Wittapp LawnSite Member

I have the Red Hawk 32. It does fine. Can be tough to find parts for. Maybe I need to go to the local Dixon dealer and see if they can help. Thanks guys. And yes, I plan on making it a back up when budget permits. But, with the economy the way it is, I am not planning on any major purchases for a while

4. KrayzKajun

KrayzKajun LawnSite Fanatic

i have a 32" bradley/red hawk walkbehind. it does its job and the price was great when i first started out>

5. honeydopm

honeydopm LawnSite Senior Member

Also have a 32" redhawk you get what you pay for and that will be replaced next year for sure.

6. KrayzKajun

KrayzKajun LawnSite Fanatic

ive had mine for three years!!!

7. Tyler7692

Tyler7692 LawnSite Bronze Member

One word...

JUNK.

8. Wittapp

Wittapp LawnSite Member

I disagree. The deck, drive system and spindles have all been very servicable. The one thing I will say is junk is the Briggs & Stratton engine. I should have known better. Oh well. Next time it will be the kohler

9. GPDesign1

GPDesign1 LawnSite Senior Member

For all the RedHawk buyers out there... (regardless of what color it's painted)

Go ahead... buy a Chinese lawnmower. Send over a few more bucks to help pay for their military expansion. I'm sure they appreciate your personal contribution to the "People's Revolution".

But, don't be back on here six months from now whinin' about how some illegal "stole" all of your accounts for ten bucks a throw. Don't be complaining when you can't find a lawn to mow because your neighbors are all out of a job. This "Globalization-thing" cuts both ways. :hammerhead: :hammerhead: :hammerhead:

Prosperity is created one of three ways: Farming, Mining or Manufacturing. Everything else exists (economically) because of those three things. Kill any one of 'em and there's no money to pay for "services".

And, as Forrest Gump would say; That's all I have to say about that. :waving:

:usflag:

gp

10. honeydopm

honeydopm LawnSite Senior Member

I agree but do you think the parts on your "american made" mower are all made in the u.s.? Absolutely not.