1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

red hawk mowers

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by exclusive contracting, Jan 10, 2010.

1. exclusive contracting

exclusive contracting LawnSite Member

does anybody have any input on these red hawk mowers i was looking to purchase one any info. would be appreciated thanks

2. QualityLawnCare4u

QualityLawnCare4u LawnSite Gold Member

From what I have read about them they are made in China mowers and the consensus is to stay away from them. Use the search feature on here and read the comments on here about them. I would highly recommend to buy a name brand mower, you get what you pay for in this line of work. Good luck.
    Are you going to be using this on just your yard or on several?

3. exclusive contracting

on resd.and commercial

4. 1993lx172

1993lx172 LawnSite Bronze Member

I've looked at them online and if I had no other option I'd go with one until I could get something better. I'd even buy a walk behind with a bad engine and then do an engine swap before I would consider a red hawk. You can find a good used walkbehind from a reliable manufacturer the cost of one of those, plus it will last you longer.

5. MJB

MJB LawnSite Silver Member
    from Wa

I'd be more inclined to buy a Bad Boy 21" FOR $399 IF YOUR JUST LOOKING TO BAG. I'm thinking about one because of the price, never tried one.

6. petara

petara LawnSite Member
    from NW PA

I have looked at the Red Hawk mower as well. A forum member had commented a few months ago that they are ok to use as a backup mower.

I am going to get the 36" with the 15 HP Kohler and a sulky wheel. This will be a big jump from using only a 21" mower this past season. eBay had them listed for $1,899 free shipping. I figure since I am still building my business I can use the Red Hawk for now and when the business grows I can upgrade to something better.

7. xclusive

xclusive LawnSite Bronze Member

If you are interested I have a 48" belt driven scag I might be selling. Let me know if you want to look at it.

8. exclusive contracting

im just starting off and have a couple of huge comm. accounts and i have to buy all new equipment and trailer thats why i was thinking of buying the redhawks as my wb.i think the guy jeff in ct. is selling them i have been talking to him he is super nice and takes the time to talk to you he is also blowing out bobcats as well so thats why im willing to travel the 60 miles to him

9. exclusive contracting

what are you looking to get for it what kind of motor is on it how does it cut/run/look

10. xclusive

xclusive LawnSite Bronze Member

Its runs great and cuts great. The deck has no welds on it so you know it was not beaten on. It has a 14hp kawasaki fc420v engine and start 1 - 3 pulls everytime depending on how cold it is. I am looking to sell for $1200 or Best Offer. I am negotiable.

What is the name and number to the place Jeff works at cause I might be interested in picking up a 36" Bobcat?