red hawk mowers

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by bobbygedd, Feb 16, 2005.

1. bobbygedd

bobbygedd LawnSite Fanatic
    from NJ

i saw some mowers advertised in turf mag. the brand i believe was red hawk. any feedback on this brand?

2. GreenMonster

GreenMonster LawnSite Silver Member
    from NH

I think they are the same as Bradley, aren't they? Or, they bought out Bradley, or something along those lines.

I could be wrong though....

3. Rhett

Rhett LawnSite Bronze Member

I was curiose about those also. Wasn't the 36 belt drive in the 1300 dollar range?

4. 2tall

2tall LawnSite Member

5. Love2Mow

Love2Mow Banned

I wouldnt be caught dead with one of those. They are built for homeowners.

6. AL Inc

AL Inc LawnSite Bronze Member

Looks just like the Giant Vac mowers. I guess as a back-up or if you are a part timer, that would be a good machine for you. But for day in and day out use, I don't think it will last. You get what you pay for.

7. marko

marko LawnSite Senior Member

8. kkat

kkat LawnSite Member

Red Hawk mowers used to be called Bradley mowers. Yes they are made overseas, The mowers are actually a pretty decent machine. I have sold a few of the mowers and have not heard a complaint about them yet, I have one that is a (loaner) and most everyone that has used it has come back and purchased one either for a backup or an everyday machine, Check them out /they are not top of the line but they are not junk either! Im just as gungho U.S.A. as the next guy, but open up the hood on your (american suv) --see other thread--and I'LL bet you find parts on it from countries you didnt know exisisted. most everything you buy nowadays has something foriegn about it.

9. The Dude

The Dude LawnSite Member

Why? When you die, I dont think people are going to be concerned with what mower brand you were using. lol :p

10. fga

fga LawnSite Silver Member

"...and the award for drama goes to... (drum roll)...love2mow!" :rolleyes:

i'd buy that in a heart beat, as long as the price is right.
    fock customer service, i don't get it as it is.

bob, you looking to replace the 32, or go bigger?