Red Hawk Walk behinds

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by shamus78, Mar 18, 2006.

1. shamus78

shamus78 LawnSite Member

any yeah or nahs about this mower 15hp kohler and a 36 inch deck redhawk

2. Adam3669

Adam3669 LawnSite Senior Member

i dont think its assembled in the US. I want to say either china or japan...but not quite sure. For that sole reason I would not buy one.

3. krazyboutit

krazyboutit LawnSite Member

Bought a new 32" Bradley March 7th from the local Gravely dealer for $1200.
    Used it on 8 yards so far and two spring clean ups. Works like a champ.

Wes

4. John Gamba

John Gamba LawnSite Fanatic
    from ct

They look like the old Landscaper suppy mowers???:cry:

5. Mowingman

Mowingman LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Texas

Pretty much an exact duplicate of the Landscaper supply junkers. Made in China now. AKA Bradley, Red Hawk, Blackrock, and about 8 other names I can not remember right now.
    You can have your own mower brand, just by ordering a 40' container load, and slapping your decals on them. They will even paint them a color of your choice.

6. procut

procut LawnSite Bronze Member

I had a landscaper supply mower once. It was sold under the name Black Rock. It was ok, had a twin cylinder Kawisaki on it, that was its best feature. Other than that, quality of cut was just average and handling/driving of the mower could not compete with other brands I've ran. It always felt clumsy to operate.

7. elshauno

elshauno LawnSite Member

I have one. It handles ok. But you have to start somewhere and next year it will make a great backup mower

8. The landscaper

The landscaper LawnSite Senior Member

There was a huge thread awhile back about these. They look like they are being built a little stronger now and aren't too bad for the price. They seem to have plenty of power. They are always powered by more hp than other similar size mowers.

9. J&R Landscaping

J&R Landscaping LawnSite Fanatic

They are manufactured in China. I have demoed 1 and it was odd. Sprindle assemblies were goofy looking to me. The dealer said all the parts where the same as exmark bobcat scag... but the belts are odd lenghted and stuff. I have not found a major brand name belt that would fit them, wheter it be drive or deck belts. Your gonna get what you pay for! I would grab a used comercial walk behind, exmark, bobcat toro.....

Do you have any local red hawk dealers? That is also important for getting parts and service!

10. 2menandamower

2menandamower LawnSite Member

I have a 48" Red Hawk WB and I love it. I have ahd no problems with it. It cuts great and will go anywhere I want to go with it. It is a little sluggish on hills if I am on the velky but I only have one yard that I use it on anyway. They are bulit in China but so are alot of things. They are the same exact mower as the Dixon except they are blue instead of red. The Dixon is about 1200.00 more for the same exact mower. I guess blue paint costs more than red.... Good luck with it if you get it.