Red Hawk???

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by climber, Apr 26, 2007.

1. climber

climber LawnSite Member

Any one on here ever used one or heard anything about it? Im looking at there 36" hydro model only $1800...

Thanks
    Dan

2. lawnman_scott

lawnman_scott LawnSite Fanatic

someone had one and said he drove it into the river and was only out $5.......... for the gas in the tank.

They sound like cheap chineese junk.

3. Grits

Grits LawnSite Silver Member
    from Florida

I have the 32 belt drive. I use it for a backyard / back-up mower. Mine has the Briggs engine, not any problems, it's just kind of loud and shaky. But overall, it is fine for what I use it for. I got mine brand new for under a grand plus shipping.
    IMO, if you are looking to upgrade from your 21" and want a new mower then it is a good buy. But it definitely is not as good as most commercial mowers.

4. Grits

Grits LawnSite Silver Member
    from Florida

An opinion from someone that has probably never seen one in person. It isn't a bad mower for the money.

5. surffkatt

surffkatt LawnSite Member
    from okc, ok

their site is showing 1,899.00 where can one be had for the c-note less? i've been considering the 36 to use a while and maybe make a stander from over the winter. i'm sure with tools and a welder i can save a bit between the 2K for it and the 5K asking price for the small standers out there.

surff

6. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

A former member here had one for a short time. I tried it for 2 minutes and then suggested if he ever got a bigger boat, don't bother spending the money for an anchor...that mower would do just fine as one. :laugh:

7. Dennisil

Dennisil LawnSite Member

I would rather save the extra money that you would have spent on your equipment and baught a bigger home or went on a cruiz or somthing, your attempt at a witty comment is so 90' pre 911 buy americana bull**** thaught, no wonder this is your day job.

8. lawnman_scott

lawnman_scott LawnSite Fanatic

Your right. Sorry. They are great mowers. Much better than crap like ferris, dixie or that exwhateveritis. Hell its just a damn lawnmower, why not buy 3 instead of one "american" one. Buy everything foriegn, that will help everything.

9. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

glad you could decipher that scott with all the mispellings, maybe he's from China too :laugh:

10. Dennisil

Dennisil LawnSite Member

Just give you an update, my 48" hydro drive Red Hawk mower has been working fantastically. I am especially happy with its kholer engine that fires up on one pull. And the quality of the cut is superb yes my spelling is horrendous you gentlemen are correct about that, although my red hawk is awesome!