1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Red Max 8000 and the blower mate?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by jameson, Jul 15, 2005.

1. jameson

jameson LawnSite Fanatic
    from PNW

Okay, so I purchased a couple of 8000's to replace some tired, worn out 7000's. Funny thing is that the 8000's don't wish to hang on Mr. Jungle Jim's blower mates, funny eh?. The ole 7000's and the somewhat newish 7001's have no problem hanging out on the blower mates, the 8000's however deem the apparatus as unworthy.

So, I emailed the no doubt fine folks at Jungle Jim's headquarters today (as of yet, no response, but I'll give it till mid next week then begin to protest with vigor) and asked if the Stihl adapter they have will fit the venerable 8000 (not gonna happen is it?).

Anyone else crossed this bridge? I was in the shop earlier this evening and was about shove u-blots into the 8000's handle and call it my solution (this is the time we exit the shop, unwind and exercise patience).

Does Jim's Jungle hold the key to this conundrum? Does some LCO w/Jungle Jim's blower mates and a couple of snobbish 8000's hold the key to this mystery? Will Lassie save Timmy from the well? Stay tuned folks.....
  2. gogetter

gogetter Banned

Try the search and you should find some answers. This has come up a few times since the 8000's were released.
  3. jameson

jameson LawnSite Fanatic
    from PNW

Indeed, I did a search this evening on this captivating subject, but I did not find any satisfactory response, trust me, I did not want to beat an already dead horse.....
  4. Howard Roark

Howard Roark LawnSite Senior Member
    from Texas

I'm curious as well as I do run Jungle Jim's blower mates and was thinking of upgrading to the 8K.

Any input is appreciated!
  5. Tharrell

Tharrell LawnSite Silver Member

Don't wait for an email. Call them and speak to Jennifer. She helped me with a problem I had with a piece of equipment. By the way, I had to get an adapter for my Echo 750 to fit on the rack. They are truly a great company and once they know of a problem, you can count on a solution right away.
  6. gogetter

gogetter Banned

My bad, I thought I had saw something about this problem before, but I just did a search myself and found that it was trimmertrap that was being discussed, not Jungle Jim.

Good luck.