1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Red Max 8000 or Stihl BR600?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by mkwl, Aug 18, 2005.

Red Max 8000 or Stihl BR600?

1. Red Max 8000

64 vote(s)
  2. Stihl BR600

52 vote(s)
  1. mkwl

mkwl LawnSite Bronze Member

I am looking into getting a big BP blower for fall leaf cleanups in addition to my Little Wonder 10HP, Mighty Mac 8HP, and Stihl BR320 blowers. I primarily use my Little Wonder and Stihl, since the Mighty Mac is nowhere even close to the power of my Little Wonder. My Stihl is good and reliable, but I'd like something more powerful for blowing out shrub beds with lots of leaves, and in hard to reach areas. So which is better?- Red Max 8000 or Stihl BR600?
  2. iluvscag

iluvscag LawnSite Senior Member

I would get the Redmax. :)
  3. mkwl

mkwl LawnSite Bronze Member

Anyone else?
  4. Howie's Lawn Care

Howie's Lawn Care LawnSite Senior Member

What about the Shindaiwa EB630RT? Out of those two, I say Redmax.
  5. Jamesgateslandscaping

Jamesgateslandscaping LawnSite Senior Member

Red max, I love my 2 7001, amazing power. Rumor has it that the 8000 will plow patio blocks...I will find out when I buy one this fall :cool: .
  6. Richard Martin

Richard Martin LawnSite Fanatic

I will be buying a Stihl BR600 as soon as leaf season starts. It's numbers are actually better than the Redmax and Stihl equpment has given me good service over the years.
  7. MTR

MTR LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Florida

Looking to buy BR 600 sometimes this year, but still just like you, trying to wait longer for more info and experience. I am more of BR 600 since all my tools are mostly Stihl and they are so reliable and great.
  8. John Gamba

John Gamba LawnSite Fanatic
    from ct

Mr Martin

I do think you will like the 600 :D

9. rthacker

rthacker LawnSite Member

I just purchased the BR600. I never thought I would purchase another Stihl product (except their chain saws). I owned a BR340 for several years and it has severed me well except it is so hard to start somtimes.

So when it came to purchase a new blower this year I didn't even consider Stihl. From reading the posts on this site I was going to look at Red Max's EBZ 7001/EB630 or the EBZ 8000. So when I went to the dealer I had him gas both above models so I could try them out.

First I tried the EBZ 7001. This blower was very powerful,light,and comfortable. The only con I had with the blower is that it appeared cheaply built. I know that the blower will last from the great reviews from the post, but it just for some reason felt cheap.

Second I tried the EBZ 8000. This blower was alot stronger than the EBZ 7001, but was kind of heavy. Again the blower just seemed cheap, but I trusted the people on this site that it would last.

So I decided to purchase the EBZ 8000. Just before purchasing the EBZ 8000, I thought since I was thier I would try the BR600.

So I went outside and started the blower. The blower started on the first pull even without priming (I couldn't believe this was a Stihl product). I put the blower on and without question was the most comfortable blower I have ever used. I put the BR600 through the same test as the Red Max products. The BR600 was alot more powerful than the 7001 and was tied with the 8000 as far as power, but as for control and comfort the BR600 won hands down. The build quality also went to Stihl. This blower can be decieving because it is so quiet.

I couldn't believe it, but I ended up leaving the store with the BR600 ( The blower was also on sale from $469.99 to $439.99) . I couldn't get over the build quality, price, or the power to weight ratio.

I know Shindaiwa is coming out with their EB8510. And everything I own is Shindaiwa, but I believe the EB8510 is going to very similar to the EBZ 8000. The BR600 is going to hard to beat.

This is my first reply to this great site. I want to thank you all for the great reviews and infromation. I'm currently a State Trooper in Georgia and doing lawn care part time.

Toro 23hp/48" Z453-great mower, but looking at the newer Triton decks.
    and now a BR600
  10. lawnmaniac883

lawnmaniac883 LawnSite Silver Member

Love my Redmax8000, after first start of the day it ALWAYS starts on first pull. Wonderful machine with a sh!tload of power.