Red Max 8000, overkill?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by mkwl, Jan 12, 2005.

1. mkwl

mkwl LawnSite Bronze Member

I am thinking of perhaps getting a Red Max 8000 next year. My question is, would it be too powerful for weekly use, blowing off clippings etc? I have a 10 HP Little Wonder blower, so the Red Max would not be my primary blower for fall cleanups. Should I get a 7001 insted? Price is not really a big factor.

2. Fareway Lawncare

Fareway Lawncare LawnSite Silver Member
    from Canada

no...You can Feather Big Backpacks @ Lower Throttle just Like Smaller Ones.

The Only issue is Weight...If you're not a Limp Wrister a few eXtra Pounds Won't Make a Difference.

3. TURF DOCTOR

TURF DOCTOR LawnSite Silver Member

Bought 2 8000 last season and 2 7001. i would chose the 8000 these things are powerfull if we get a nother wet season you will thank yourself.

4. lawncare4u

lawncare4u LawnSite Senior Member
    from S>C>

Stay with the 7001.....it has pleanty of power for what you said you would use it for......... :waving: :waving: :waving: :waving: :waving:

5. 65hoss

65hoss LawnSite Fanatic

Bob-cats are far superior.

6. Scag48

Scag48 LawnSite Fanatic

I talked with a Redmax Distrubutor today about the new Redmax and he said it was too heavy for his liking, but he said it packed a punch. He suggested the 7001 instead for all around use.

7. 65hoss

65hoss LawnSite Fanatic

I have both, and I suggest the 8000.
    A distributor is a pencil pusher. He sits behind a desk or walks around. He doesn't use this stuff every day. Anything to him would be heavy.

8. TurfGuyTX

TurfGuyTX LawnSite Senior Member
    from DFW

I'd get the 8000. You'd appreciate the added power at some point.

9. The C Man

The C Man LawnSite Senior Member
    from Ohio

Ask Bobcat to make a blower, then you can come on here and tell us how it's far superior to all other brands.

10. ztoro

ztoro LawnSite Senior Member

isnt the difference only like 3 pounds???????????????????????????????? for the added power 3 pounds is not a big deal