RED MAX BLOWER bogging out

Discussion in 'Mechanic and Repair' started by smarotta09, Nov 20, 2012.

1. smarotta09

smarotta09 LawnSite Member

i have a redmax blower.. it is bogging out when it goes full throttle, just replaced the spark plug and it still does it.. i need a carb rebuild right ?
  2. BigFish

BigFish LawnSite Gold Member

3. Oldtimer

Oldtimer LawnSite Bronze Member

Muffler is plugged. Always run 2 stroke as hard as possible.

4. BigFish

BigFish LawnSite Gold Member

I've worked on a couple of Redmax blowers, ( mostly in my spare time) and I have never ran across a plugged up muffler! Carbon plugged/choked exhaust port in the cylinder,yes, but a muffler, not!

Thats a stihl problem. I had to do it a few time on stihls then after that I did it to all my machines for maintenance. I have never seen a clogged muffler on shindys, redmax or huskys.

Exhaust port is what it sounds like.
    Posted via Mobile Device
  7. lawnspecialties

lawnspecialties LawnSite Silver Member

Sounds to me like the same old Red Max issues when its hot outside. I've never owned one that didn't do this; especially on hotter days.

Next time it does this, play with the choke some. Often I can run mine wide open at half or quarter choked and it runs fine. It will adjust eventually and you can let the choke off.

They are made to run extremely lean. Too lean in many circumstances.
  8. recantrell

recantrell LawnSite Member

I just replaced ebz8001 w/ a shortblock motor. New carb and gaskets. Started on 2nd pull ran fine then i tried to throttle up and fuel started spitting out the intake. I've checked exhaust port and muffler, no clogs!!! STUMPED and doesnt happen very often. I rebuild these motors all the time and have never seen this. Any help is appreciated!!!
  9. smarotta09

smarotta09 LawnSite Member

okay, i was thinking mainly the carb.. now ill take a look at the exhaust i guess
  10. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

These two problems are likely why you need adjustable carb.....they need gas. Do they have adjustment?