1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

red max blower

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by themowingguy, Jun 10, 2004.

1. themowingguy

themowingguy LawnSite Member

i found a red max blower today for 75.00 it is an hb2300.i don't know anything about this brand.is this to high?i have not bought it they said i could wait a day or so to make up my mind.also it looks like brand new.
  2. Evermow

Evermow LawnSite Member

A Redmax blower that looks brand-new for $75??? sounds hot to me. I priced a new one last year and it was around $500. Just somthing to think about.:eek:
  3. Green Care

Green Care LawnSite Senior Member

Redmax is one of the best out there I never heard of that model #maybe it was before my time.

If it's too old may not be worth it.
  4. RedWingsDet

RedWingsDet LawnSite Gold Member
    from Detroit

if it seems too good to be true, then most likley it is!
  5. lucky4511

lucky4511 LawnSite Member

we have a rm2300 that i paid $235 for in 2002. nothing better in opinion!
  6. TheKingNJ

TheKingNJ LawnSite Senior Member

RedMax rocks the world!!
  7. Albemarle Lawn

Albemarle Lawn LawnSite Bronze Member

100% first pull starter
    Very light.

Plus, the Zenoah 2300 engine has been phased out and replaced with the hard-to-start strato-charged engine.

I have both the HB2300 and the HBZ2500 (same blower, difference is the new strato-charged engine).

The 2300 is what I grab if both are on the truck.

Buy it if only for the reason the blower they make today is not as good. What happened to cars between 1969 and 1974 is now happening to lawn care equipment....Emission Controls.....heavier, weaker, and lame, like 70's cars compared to 60's cars.

I you don't want it let me know.....UPS will bring it to me!

8. themowingguy

i know that it is stolen as i have mowed for this lady since her husband died about 3 years ago.i am going to buy it i just wanted to make sure it is worth the money.didn''t know what the value of it was.some lawn equipment won't bring half what it's worth ten minutes after you buy it.
  9. themowingguy

sorry i meant to say NOT stolen!! my bad...