Red Max EB8000 comes apart

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by lazer 46, Nov 4, 2004.

1. lazer 46

lazer 46 LawnSite Senior Member

Just a heads up in case this happens to you. I was on my second tank of gas on my EB8000 and all of a sudden It felt like the blower was rocking on my back. Put it down and saw that the back rest came apart form the main machine. I was only a few blocks from the dealer I bought it from but was in the middle of a big leaf job. I took it to them. They dropped what they were doing and started to look things over. It seems that the main bolt that holds the two pieces together vibrated loose. It wasn't a quick fix. The blower had to be taken apart to get at where the nut had been located. They told me to come back in an hour. I went back to my job. Did my mulching and than went back and picked up the blower. Glad I bought it form a dealer with warranty support.

2. MMLawn

MMLawn LawnSite Gold Member

Yeah, I'm afraid that these guys that are buying them off the www to save $30-$50 are going to get screwed if theirs messes up.

3. LCME

LCME LawnSite Senior Member

yup that is why I spent the extra for the 2 year warr. support from the dealer. I almost bought off the net. Glad I did not. No trouble yet but you never know do ya. Glad it worked out for ya.

4. TURF DOCTOR

TURF DOCTOR LawnSite Silver Member

Same thing happened here got lucky it was in a haulmark found the parts i need to loctite them.

5. LawnBoy89

LawnBoy89 LawnSite Senior Member

Wow. Other then that small problem how is the blower?

6. lazer 46

lazer 46 LawnSite Senior Member

The blower is awsome. Can really move some leaves.

7. PrecisionLawnsInc

PrecisionLawnsInc LawnSite Member

It is always a better idea to buy from a dealer with warranty support when you rely on this equipment to make a living. We bought our 7001 redmax and used it less than five minutes, when it threw a rod. Sounded like rocks rattling around and then just locked up. We took it back to the dealer where they just sent
    us back out with a new unit, no questions asked. Would blower.com do that for you? :cry:

8. proenterprises

proenterprises LawnSite Silver Member

yeah it sure is,i saw one in action today, ill probably get one in the spring, barring their isint a better one out by then.

check with the redmax factory and report your mishap, it could end up being a recall if this happens with a number of units.

9. gogetter

gogetter Banned

For a lot of people, the savings is about $100 over what their local dealers sell it for.
    I'll replace a bolt myself for a hundred bucks.

10. TURF DOCTOR

TURF DOCTOR LawnSite Silver Member

It is not as much as replacing a bolt. If i had been in a open trailer it could been a disaster.